Search the forum,

Discuss amazing results from yingli! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I installed two systems last week on neighbours, 10 panel yingli 265w with solar max 3000S inverters.

Went back today with some paper work and looked at out put on inverter and in 3 out of 4 days it maxed out at 2750W! On a 2.65KWp system.

I wonder how high it would go if the inverter limit was not restricted to the 2750W

i was very surprised to actually peak higher than the panel overall output!

customer very pleased to say the least!

I think yingli panels r the dogs....!
We had a 2.9kw 265w insralled a couple of months ago and the performance is greater then her neighbers down the road whos got a 4kw system, so as you can imagine she is very please!!

16.2% been using them all year ... had a system peak at 4100 watts today with yingli 265 w

one problem with ''yingli'' is once you say the name to the customer they reply ''are they chinese''

Lol that's exactly what they said when I offered them!
Got a customer tomorrow that was dubious about Chinese but armed with this amo there will no doubt be yingli on the roof!

- - - Updated - - -

How many panels peaked at 4100w? I suppose you can't have 16 as it tips it over 4Kw?

15 x 265w hit 4100 watts according to customer he rang me today he said the sun was not even hardly out.

I told him down to system design then he laughed ....

- - - Updated - - -

do you know yingli 265w pands are ranked number 9 for efficiency in the world!!!!

I installed two systems last week on neighbours, 10 panel yingli 265w with solar max 3000S inverters.

Went back today with some paper work and looked at out put on inverter and in 3 out of 4 days it maxed out at 2750W! On a 2.65KWp system.

I wonder how high it would go if the inverter limit was not restricted to the 2750W

i was very surprised to actually peak higher than the panel overall output!

customer very pleased to say the least!

Clearly the inverters that are responsible for this Infinity! ;-)

Most panels seem capable of exceeding their nominal rating, which, after all, is during standard test conditions.
If we have a cool, breezy day (to keep the panels cool) and periodic spells of strong sunshine (the sun is now at its strongest) then it would not be surprising to exceed full power.
My own "cheap Chinese cr@p" panels <Kinve 250W Mono facing SE on 40 degree slope> have been touching 270W per panel in such spells of strong sun since early April.
Comparing to nearby systems (same postcode district) I see no major difference between panel types, except, perhaps, sometimes Sanyo panels slightly outperforming (but nowhere near enough to justify the massively higher cost of Sanyo).

Looking at the stats for my less-than-ideal aspect (between East and South-East-facing) 15x 250W Kinve compared to others ("+" means my panels outperforming, "-" means my panels underperforming):

20x 190W unknown make: +3%
14x 240W Sanyo: +11%
16x 245W Sanyo: -1%
14x 235W Sanyo: -9%
20x 200W Suntech: -4%
14x 250W Siliken: -6%

Average performance for my panels: -1% (and that's comparing against three premium Sanyo systems).

One thing that is really striking, though, is that with this constant patchy cloud, it's very hit-and-miss from one day to the next depending on the luck of the draw of where and when the gaps in the cloud appear.
An array only about a mile from me crushed me 12:7 on one day in May (nearly twice my generation) but on one day in June I crushed them 19:10 (nearly twice their generation).

Another array about ten miles away had been beating me by a few percent every day for weeks on end, but in the last week I have often doubled their output and their previous spectacular performance has now collapsed.

Such is the erratic nature of the weather, even for arrays in close proximity. So we must be careful when making assumptions.

It is amazing seeing as they benchmarked at around 200 out of 400 panels in independant test results ,which means 199 panels came out better what a waste of £5000 to pay for results obviously I'll point them to this thread and ask if they are going to give refunds !

2011 RankingSolar Module Company2010 rankingMarketshare
1Suntech18.1%
2First Solar27.9%
3Yingli46.4%
4Trina56.1%
5Canadian65.3%
6Sharp3[SUP][4][/SUP]
7Sunpower8[SUP][5][/SUP]
8Hanwha Solarone7[SUP][6][/SUP]
9Jinko>10[SUP][7][/SUP]
10REC10[SUP][8[/SUP]

Most tables i find show yingli etc in top 5-10?

2011 RankingSolar Module Company2010 rankingMarketshare
1Suntech18.1%
2First Solar27.9%
3Yingli46.4%
4Trina56.1%
5Canadian65.3%
6Sharp3[SUP][4][/SUP]
7Sunpower8[SUP][5][/SUP]
8Hanwha Solarone7[SUP][6][/SUP]
9Jinko>10[SUP][7][/SUP]
10REC10[SUP][8[/SUP]

Most tables i find show yingli etc in top 5-10?

Sorry, I thought this post was about performance, this chart is about market share, so almost 1 in 10 panels sold in the world is Suntech.

Reply to amazing results from yingli! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net