Discuss Anyone undertaken the 2394/2395 around West Yorkshire and can recommend somewhere? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: Anyone undertaken the 2394/2395 around West Yorkshire and can recommend somewhere

Thanks Paul. I know I wont pass without any teaching thats why I was looking for somewhere that can teach lol. I know how to test and interpret findings from results, its more the inspection stuff etc I need to get in my head. I've read the gn3 and niceic book I've got but I need have a go myself with someone observing who can show me if I go wrong
theres a few places around offering these courses....like Paul says get the lowdown on them first...

thing is...this course is/was really aimed at the QS system...for experienced people carrying out inspection & testing on a daily basis....

its GN 3 fella....all the way...

Re: Anyone undertaken the 2394/2395 around West Yorkshire and can recommend somewhere

theres a few places around offering these courses....like Paul says get the lowdown on them first...

thing is...this course is/was really aimed at the QS system...for experienced people carrying out inspection & testing on a daily basis....

haha....thats all my tutor did was read the GN 3 book when I did 2391. He didn't answer any question or owt. Think I was the only one out of 5 that passed.lol

Jay

well..i managed it..(2391) at the skillscentre

Yes but your the electrical version of Dr. Stephen Hawkins! Bet you could have lectured that course instead of taking it. I found it to be a sausage factory, get them in, get the money and get them out. Only 1 out of the nine in the classroom passed and we all have the same opinion. Might have been just a bad week for Bob. Others on here have passed with him and hold that training place in high regards, I dont after my experience of the training.

Dont know about darn sarf but in SJIB territory the new sparks need 2391 to re grade to approved.

Boydy

Yes but your the electrical version of Dr. Stephen Hawkins! Bet you could have lectured that course instead of taking it. I found it to be a sausage factory, get them in, get the money and get them out. Only 1 out of the nine in the classroom passed and we all have the same opinion. Might have been just a bad week for Bob. Others on here have passed with him and hold that training place in high regards, I dont after my experience of the training.
you trying to say i`m a mong?...

lol I'm already at a slight disadvantage because i'm a girl not a fella!!

This is kind of another reason for me looking into doing T & I as i'm not as quick on the tools as the lads. I did a fair bit with fault finding & commissioning data comms for MBus, radio & DLC metering systems prior to reskilling too (I know it's a whole different ball game but it's the methodicalness of it that's similar).

I know it's not going to be an easy one hence why I could do with as much help as possible from knowledgable people but i'm willing to learn.

Dont know about darn sarf but in SJIB territory the new sparks need 2391 to re grade to approved.

Boydy

Nah still just NVQ 3 down here for JIB grading. It's 2394 & 2395 now too down here, they replaced 2391 and now costs twice as much to do lol.

I need T & I to join NICEIC or NAPIT as a contractor

lol I'm already at a slight disadvantage because i'm a girl not a fella!!

This is kind of another reason for me looking into doing T & I as i'm not as quick on the tools as the lads. I did a fair bit with fault finding & commissioning data comms for MBus, radio & DLC metering systems prior to reskilling too (I know it's a whole different ball game but it's the methodicalness of it that's similar).

I know it's not going to be an easy one hence why I could do with as much help as possible from knowledgable people but i'm willing to learn.
well...it didn`t show in your spelling love...

but as they say...its all that multi thingy now int it...

so are you carrying out inspection & testing on a regular basis then lass?..

Reply to Anyone undertaken the 2394/2395 around West Yorkshire and can recommend somewhere? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net