Discuss backer thermostat in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

itsmrb

Hi

I bought a replacement thermostat for my immersion heater however the replacement (backer BT7) has a blob of silicon stuck to the dial (holding the setting in one spot). It looks intentional so I was wondering if this was to indicate something significant or can it be adjusted to another temp ok?

Thanks

backer have set it at what they consider an ideal temp. nothing to stop you adjusting it, but try it first. the higher you set it, the more electrickery it will cost.

Thanks. If the plus is on the right and the minus on the left as I'm looking at it front on, which way do I need to turn the dial to lower the temp?

The arrow is pointing towards the plus sign on the right. One other question, do I need to switch everything off at the fuse box or can I just turn off the wired in wall socket to swap them over? Thanks

Reply to backer thermostat in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I bought a house that has a garage that was converted to an office by the previous homeowner, and it is separate from the main house. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hoping someone can offer some knowledge/experience of immersion heater fault finding. My parents-in-law's imersion heater stopped...
Replies
Views
L
Hi putting a little information back into the forum here, hope it helps someone. We have a cottage we rent out that has a 200 litre vertical...
Replies
Views
D
Hi Over the past few days my hot water tank hasnt been heating up the way it should and in the morning we have no hot water. Im in a flat with...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock