Discuss Best joint for permanent telephone cable under floorboards in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SW1970

Hi folks, as part of a room refurb, I'm moving a secondary phone socket to other side of a room. The cable coming in is already under the boards so I propose to join under boards at existing location and run new cable to new position other side of the room. For the joint the options are either the screw terminal telephone joint box, or the gel filled connectors. I propose to put whichever joint I use in a Wagobox for added protection but wondered if there was a preferred approach? Thanks! SW

JUNCTION-BOX.jpg

IMO the best way to 'extend' any cable is to replace the whole lot with a longer one, ie straight from the master to the extension in one continuous bit of wire.
Otherwise, jelly crimps seem to be good enough for BT....

Reply to Best joint for permanent telephone cable under floorboards in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening all. Been at a property the last couple of days that had suffered damage due to a surge. I got the power back on all circuits apart from...
Replies
Views
Had to do a CU change in this lovely heat, so naturally it was a bit of a bugger... Replacing a Wylex skeleton board with Type 2 breakers for a...
Replies
Views
Good evening all! I have this job ahead of me, and sadly it's not on a nice clean plasterboard cavity wall, but on a thick-plastered brick wall...
Replies
Views
A
I'm no electrician, just an ordinary housewife so I seek advice from the those that know.... In a moment of thoughtlessness I cut a wire coming...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all. This is my first post for advice, so please take it easy on me. I am a recently qualified electrician on a completely new career change...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock