Discuss Can a 1.5kW wall mounted convector heater be supplied via a 13A fused plug? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Apparently Dimplex only guarantee their heaters if they are permanently wired in to a fused outlet. If the socket is only about 600mm from the heater and the cable is clipped to the wall or skirting board instead of trailing across the floor then what's the difference? Any thoughts?

obviously it will make little difference in real life usage.

however, if the manufacturer says it is not suitable for use on a plug and socket arrangement then you are on your own if anything goes wrong.

obviously it will make little difference in real life usage.

however, if the manufacturer says it is not suitable for use on a plug and socket arrangement then you are on your own if anything goes wrong.
Yes, I'm not fussed about the guarantee actually as it's a second hand heater outside of guarantee. It's just that I'm trying to understand the rationale for insisting they are to be permanently wired in. I can't see any difference that would affect the operation or performance of the heater. The only thing I would consider myself is what other appliances are likely to be plugged in to the double socket but it's irrelevant to the heater anyway 😕.

Yes, I'm not fussed about the guarantee actually as it's a second hand heater outside of guarantee. It's just that I'm trying to understand the rationale for insisting they are to be permanently wired in. I can't see any difference that would affect the operation or performance of the heater. The only thing I would consider myself is what other appliances are likely to be plugged in to the double socket but it's irrelevant to the heater anyway 😕.
Manufacturer probably doesn't like product being plugged into cheap sockets that are dodgy when pulling higher loads over long periods.

Reply to Can a 1.5kW wall mounted convector heater be supplied via a 13A fused plug? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net