Discuss Cheap MFT in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Well so far I have bought two MFT's off e-bay and both where exactly as described, in fact I have another on its way from Latvia as we speak, don't forget that e-bay and PayPal give a money back guarantee on any sale.

But at the current bid it is possibly worth a punt, as it does show it switched on and the standard first screen without any Erro messages, which is what happens first, your cynical view would tend to indicate that you have obviously had bad experiences with e-bay where I have only had many many good experiences, hence why I think you mean I lucked in.

But most bids come in the last hour and that has 6 days to run, so it's very unlikely hes going to get it at that price. I have bought lots of things from e -bay and generally speaking I am quite satisfied with my purchases .
Curious as to why you haven't considered buying it Mike ?

I already have two and have another on the way, why would I need four, but then I have to consider why you are posting in such a negative way when the whole purpose of the thread is to point someone towards a possible step up to being a electrician without spending a fortune, I do think your comments are not helping.

Well you are obviously dealing in them so why not mick ? I think my comments are very helpful and I wouldnt want someone with limited funds squandering what they have on something that it clearly states may not work and have the additional cost of buying test leads for .
That's positive not negative!
I wonder- is it even possible to have a different opinion to you without you taking it personally and making snide remarks ?
I'm not here for an argument mick ,possibly someone else will oblige

Why do so many people run down stuff on ebay. I've sold lots of stuff on ebay including test gear. Just because it's on ebay doesn't mean it's not genuine or legit.

Good grief all I was trying to do was point someone in the direction of a potential good buy, the amount of negative feedback is appalling.

I think some people have to disagree/argue and can't see the positive in anything.

Last edited:
Probably robbed out of the back of an honest tradesmans van by some scumbag for a few quid drugs money.
Totally agree. eBay is not policed at all. Never buy from them or amazon who never pay taxes.

i willingly pay more to get a Product that is not a cheap copy or deprive eBay and amazon of a sale and give honest tradesmen a living.

Good grief all I was trying to do was point someone in the direction of a potential good buy, the amount of negative feedback is appalling.

I think some people have to disagree/argue and can't see the positive in anything.
People will always give there opinions. If it’s not agreement it’s disagreement.

its all part of debate.

disagreement doesn’t necessarily mean negativity. It’s just opinion.

Chill. Let the debate and opinions flow.

I've had 2 sets of Robin individual testers, and a Megger 1552 from eBay. They were less than a quarter of the full price and they all served me for a few years each when I couldn't afford to buy new.
When I finished with the Robin kits, I sold them on eBay and made a small profit.
Win win situation from my own experience.?

Reply to Cheap MFT in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock