Discuss coding again!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DurhamSparky

Just to settle few arguments with non electrical based no it alls..!!

No gas/water bonding code 2 :)
absence of rcd code 4 :)
broken socket (faciua intact but switch defective, constantly on) code 1 :confused:
absence of earth sleeving code 4:)
cable sheath on flex not taken into enclosure (light fitting) code 2 :confused:

i used the best practice guide for them codes but certian people want to question them..! mainly tight fisted landlords!

im no PIR expert and stand to be corected (i just follow the good book and make my own judgement)
my judgement on the installation is that it is safe all tests agreed on are ok and apart from looking scruffy and tired its still reasonably intact

Last edited by a moderator:
They have asked for your professional opinion, they got it if they dont like it tuff luck. The main thing is as and when its hits the fan you will be covered in teflon and nothing will stick on you.

Chris

broken socket (faciua intact but switch defective, constantly on) code 1 :confused:

i used the best practice guide for them codes but certian people want to question them..! mainly tight fisted landlords!

im no PIR expert and stand to be corected (i just follow the good book and make my own judgement)
my judgement on the installation is that it is safe all tests agreed on are ok and apart from looking scruffy and tired its still reasonably intact

Right... now you've got that off your chest, you can back to your "to do" list, Steve!! :D:D

The switch maybe defective but why a code 1 it would be the same as an unswitched socket.

i see your argument on that one Ian but my opinion is that it was manufactured with a switch on it which is defective..! hence the code 1

like i said i still have the report to type up so i can make amendments if needed..!

Right... now you've got that off your chest, you can back to your "to do" list, Steve!! :D:D

my too do list is on another too do list!! which im working on!
give me a break my nicely laid new carpets (just fitted) come before electrical safety jeeeez!! prioritys! :D

i had no problem paying 270 for new carpet but a customer has a fit when i say ÂŁ--- for electrical safety upgrades!!! no logic!

i see your argument on that one Ian but my opinion is that it was manufactured with a switch on it which is defective..! hence the code 1

like i said i still have the report to type up so i can make amendments if needed..!

I would say your first one no bonding is a code 1 (requires urgent attention) and your socket a 2 or 3

hi ian

im fully in agreement with you but im following the best practice guide, just trying to gauge other opinions!

Page 12 right hand side ,4th bullet point down,

i was surprised as i expected code 1 as i initially was going to use 2nd bullet point down in the code 1 section page 11

im recoding the socket outlet as a 2 based on bullet point 3 page 13 as the property has no RCD so switching of in the event of a fault would not be possible when you would expect to be able to..!

i love this best practice guide, so many interpretations!! :(

Reply to coding again!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net