Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Do 100 meter mains extension (240v) leads exist? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

U

Unregistered

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I need to power some halogen lamps and a smoke machine deep down in a valley for a project. The generator I have is not powerful enough, as well as being too loud.
I am looking at borrowing power from a house up the hill which looks to be around 100 meters (300+ foot) away. From looking at the available extension reels on the net I can see that the longest is around 50 meters, unable to find any information on longer cables I am wondering if they actually exist.

I am guessing that it may be an issue with loss of power after cables get too long, is this the case or am I just not looking well enough?

Jimmy

Aico 3000 Range
Hiya

Voltage drop, certainly comes to mind, the only way around this i can see is 100 metres of swa cable to be installed into a outdoor socket. via maybe a fused spur rcd.

You could add a plug and socket on the end of this, I think you'd be ok with that 2.5mm 3 Core Arctic Flex Blue 100M

Regards Luke (admin)

-----------------------

Last edited:
P

Plonker 3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a feeling the OP wasn't asking 6 years ago so he could do it this year lol

G

guest119

I wonder how the anual sheep 5hagger summer concert went?

S

shocking_eg

wondered if the OP ever thought about plugging two 50 meter leads together ?? lol

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Do 100 meter mains extension (240v) leads exist? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom