Discuss Do you need permission for one of these from planning ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KEVINDOE

Hi all,
I hve been asked to supply and install a light for an existing sighn outside a vets..the practice is in a busy high street , do the owners need permission from planning to go ahead with this ?
Thanks in advance
Jem:bobby:

Not from a Part P perspective as it's not a domestic property. They MAY need general planning consent as if it's to do with signage Planners tend to get a bit jumpy - protect our delicate English frontages from turning into Vegas (and also issues of light polution). It's easy enough to look up the phone number for the area planning team from the relevant Council's website and give them a call for advice - they don't bite! The original planning consent for the sign would have stipulated lit or unlit, and an ammendment can always be applied for.

Ultimately though, it's the Vet's responsibility to ensure compliance, not yours. Your responsibility is just to safely install it in accordance with the relevant Regs.

Something tasteful in bright pink flashing neon!!

Erm...depends on the position, size, structure etc, but there are some good IP rated LED fixtures around now that are basically like a bug-eye sort of thing which can be fixed onto the wall and project at an angle. I'd start by seeing what your wholesalers currently have as their offer of the week and work it from there!

Last edited:

Reply to Do you need permission for one of these from planning ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am planning to install wall lights such as these ones (LAP Bronx Outdoor Up & Down Wall Light Black - Screwfix -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a client with a small caravan site, approx 5 hookups. His old toilet block was nothing much more than an old shed. He's now 'upgraded'...
Replies
Views
Been asked to move, remove and add some sockets the kitchen and I’ll need to add a circuit for an electric hob. Looked at the board and it’s one...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, after temporary removing a Sonoff that I've installed years ago to do some painting, I'm unable to get everything back to work. I've...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock