Discuss EICR Limitations in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just had a meeting today with Peter Lee Williams, NICEIC assessor for my promotion to QS.
amongst other things he said that one of the limitations for eicr's should be that portable appliances have not been tested.
just wondering what everyone's thoughts are. I thought it was unnecessary.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Reaction score
TBF we don't know how this topic was raised during the inspection. He must have had some reason to bring it up as this is not an area normally commented on so we can't assume.

Reaction score
he was looking at one of my first attempts at an eicr, i'd listed fire alarms as a LIM, but he said "what's missing" i said i didnt know, he said portable appliances.

plugsandsparks

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It does appear that NIC do have a wish to develop the regs by pure train of thought.

Fotunately i am not NIC registered and read the current regs instead.

It does annoy me though as you end up with two sparkies coming up with two different solutions both thinking they are correct.

Fortunately most of my customers know the difference between fixed wiring and appliances

Reaction score
even though he's told me to put PAT as a lim from now on, i'm tempted to ignore him. When other elec engineers e.g. our clients see it they may think i'm stupid!!

Reply to EICR Limitations in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net