Discuss Fronius ig 35plus inverter question in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GPack

-
Reaction score
I finished a survey today that has the potential for 10 x 250W Sanyos on the South side and 6 and the west side. With the distributors getting tighter on the 3.68kW per phase I am starting to look seriously at the fronius 3.5plus inverter that limits the output AC to 3.6kW and so should allow me to still fit and inform. Does the Fronius allow me to fit two different size strings? I have never used Fronius before. I have put it through the Fronius configuration software but it only comes up with two equal length strings? I'm used to using the the sunny boy 4000TL but this would produce more than 16A. There is such a different attude from the same DNO but from different parts of the region as to the process they go through to assess suitabliity it is making it virtually impossible to have a fixed process.
Thanks for your help

The Fronius IG 35plus only has one MPP tracker so you cannot use this, unfortunately. It's not just an issue of different size strings but the different orientation will affect it also.

Thanks for your help. Will be getting PV Sol very soon. I've been looking at the Fronius 35 and 3.6 TL recently specifically because the AC output is less than 3.68kW and therefore suitable under G83. I see the Power one has a 20A limit with possible ac output at 3960W. It looks like a good alternative to the SB4000TL when permission has been given by the distributor to go above 3.68 to 4kW.
There is an argument that with the array split like this it will never achieve the 3.68 anyway. Have you found the distributors open to this kind of pragmatic approach? I have found a really large differences depending on what team the request goes to.

Reply to Fronius ig 35plus inverter question in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net