Discuss Hob with 475mm depth cutout in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dartlec

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone know a decent online retailer that actually lists their hobs by recess dimensions (or even lists them at all in some cases?)

Side rant - why do a lot of appliance websites tell you all the information except the bits an installer might actually want to know, like recess dimensions or even wattage

Need to replace a part failing old Beko hob in a granite worktop so measured first and the depth is only 475 - every hob I can find (at landlords end of the market at least) states 490mm as a requirement.

Most of the big companies don't list these dimensions in a way that can be easily searched, but even going through them manually I'm struggling to find one that definitively would fit.

Closest I've found is this Indesit - which says 475 in the description but has a picture showing 490 and the manufacturer states 490 in the manual online..

I either find one that's 555 x 475, or get the landlord to have the granite cut out.

It's only failing on one ring, so I could replace that, but I prefer to put ceramic ones in because they are so much easier for tenants to keep clean....

Change it for the same make simplze.
Except the equivalent Beko model lists 490mm as the requirement also ?

I suspect that allows for their clips and that it might fit, but not risking carrying it to a 4th floor flat to find out....

Get him to supply it and have the granite cut and you just wire it in, I just love the bloody hassle trying to source the item and fit it in.
I need to find better landlords ? Mind you, my line in the sand on this job was that I am NOT removing the two storage heaters in a 4th floor flat...

The rather old-fashioned looking Hotpoint E604 model has the right cut out dimensions.
Apparently either white or stainless. Not ceramic though!
It's presumably like what was there previously?

The rather old-fashioned looking Hotpoint E604 model has the right cut out dimensions.
Apparently either white or stainless. Not ceramic though!
It's presumably like what was there previously?

Excellent find - thank you. Yes the one that's there is Beko brand but one of these.

Not the prettiest, but needs must!

Hmm - Argos have this in and actually state the 475mm dimensions, but then have a picture in the gallery showing 490mm! I think that must be a standard picture they use for all hobs.

Argos are doing better than Screwfix in giving the cutout dimensions in their description though....

Reply to Hob with 475mm depth cutout in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net