Discuss Hotpoint wmfug742 won't start cycles in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Samwel

DIY
Reaction score
Hello!

I was wondering if some clever person could help me work out what's wrong with my washing machine?

When I try to start a cycle, the machine makes several clunk and beeping sounds and flashes the red lock symbol. I've had a repairman from hotpoint come round, he changed the motor and I even heard the drum spinning. However as soon as he left and I reattached the water I get the same problem.
I've created a short video that shows what it does

Please could someone help? I've been without a washing machine for a month now.

Thankyou!
Sam

It took them over a month to come out and likely another month to come back again. Was hoping there'd be an easy fix given that he had it working before leaving.

be forceful but polite with your phone call.
you are not happy with the service they provided and in your opinion, they have not diagnosed and repaired the machine as it is still not working.

If you have paid by credit card, you can ask them to put the payment on hold because there is a dispute. that often helps the company to improve there response time.

Reply to Hotpoint wmfug742 won't start cycles in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am trying to diagnose an issue with a BEKO WMB101433LW washing machine where it was reported (by the missus) that the drum has far more...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have been having a problem with my AEG 7000 Series Washer Dryer (L7WEG851R) tripping my main fuse box over the last week. I am trying to...
Replies
Views
I just put a wash into my machine 'Hotpoint Aquarius 900 WM61. It started OK then tripped the mains switch. I've checked the fuse in the plug that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Wondering if anyone could take an educated guess as to the source of the issue. My suspicion is that the switch/contact that registers a...
Replies
Views
Hi I don’t know how resolve this so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. I have no electrical knowledge. I will try to be as clear...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock