Discuss How to wire AC cable direct to DC cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have two devices which take the following DC output
2.5A - 12V
1A - 5v

They both have DC plugs which plug into my UK AC 240v wall outlet.
As the plugs are bulky they cause alot of inconvience in my small place.

If I cut both the plug sockets off an AC extention lead and the DC plugs from the DC cable, How can I wire these directly to the cable?

Or is there another way for example maybe buying a USB-C hub and wiring the DC cable to USB-C cable and plugging into port

Open to your thoughts

don't do it. sounds ridiculous and dangerous.

No, no, no.
you are stuck with what you have got.
modifications like the ones you are suggesting will result in destruction of the devices and possible fatal shock and / or fire.

No, no, no.
you are stuck with what you have got.
modifications like the ones you are suggesting will result in destruction of the devices and possible fatal shock and / or fire.
not tocmention releasing all those electric gremlims into the house.

There must be a way I can wire an AC cable into whatever the components are inside the DC plug? To reduce all the housing of the sockets and plugs

no,no,no. bad idea.all that chinese expertise gone into the design.

Absolutely NOT

the manufacturers of these devices don’t make a big adapter to plug in, just for fun.
it is there to make the device work and not kill you all at the same time.

after.jpg

I would like the end goal like this

• Winner
Reactions: ipf
Your desired result will end with two appliances which need 12 and 5v supplies having 230v put into them which will not be a desired result. What you want to do is dangerous and on that note this thread is being closed, leave things as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to wire AC cable direct to DC cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net