Discuss Installed small-scale PV hits 1GW in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

We were no where near as busy for the 2nd March Deadline as we were for the Dec 12th Rush. I suspect Rent a roofs made up the vast majority of these.

Rent a roof is still going strong...I'd say we were quite busy with the lower pricing but people expect prices to fall again after 3 March..dream on...

Last edited by a moderator:
Because they pay diddly squat for the gear, would imagine it's all the tier 3 stuff that didn't make it over from china in time for the 43p rush.

Funny with the new fits rules on multi installs the government have not kill it off in some way shape or form..80% FITS after ????
installs...I cant remember how many my brain is melted...

I went to the Solar Power Road show today, it was really informative and a Chap from the DECC was one of the Speakers amongst others. It was good to hear where he was coming from, to be honest I got the opinion that the government only want to support Domestic installs and community projects. He really was urging us to reply to the consultation !!!

I have also now decided to become a DEA, I was speaking to the founder of Sun Dog. They have trained their local domestic teams to perform EPC's, his concerns were the same as mine in relation to logistics. We can't just offer solar and in becoming an Energy Expert we can properly assess what would be best for the customer.

Now looking forward to the Eco-build !

25 or more sites and the 80% kicks in. That is the 21p rate drops to 16.8p but the 9p rate doesn't get affected.

THANKS... Ted I was refering to rent a roof in the way 25 installs dont affect them...you would have thought the power that be would have put a cap on them..I also understand it does help some people who cant afford pv but you would think the goverment would have come up with something were they could have now pay later, like the green deal.

lol - I did come out with 150% more optimism than what I went in with !! I need that now to rub off on our potential customers.....

Reply to Installed small-scale PV hits 1GW in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net