Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Installing a dual fuel range cooker in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickoholism

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I am looking for some advise, please excuse my ignorance.

Basically I have extended my property and have a new kitchen which my electician has wired, however there is no 32amp fuse/wire/socket for my cooker.

I have a 1000mm dual-fuel range cooker (gas hob, multiple electic ovens and grill).

Having raised a concern that there should be a 32 amp supply my electrician is adamant that this is not necesaary and that a 16amp supply is 100% fine. He tried to blind me with science about an oven having a 2.5kW element plus ignition being <1kW, add to this a fan and teh ampage needed is <16 etc. Haven't told him I have a science degree!

Anyway, having had my concerns dismissed I have looked on the website of Belling, RangeMaster and Leisure and all of the dual-fuel range cookers appear to have a minimum 32amp fuse stipulated.

Am I being made a fool of?
Will I run into difficulties using my range cooker if I want to use two ovens at once (eg christmas day etc)?

Help!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scolmore Electrical Products
D

DYCHE4230

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi

What do the instructions say?

They should state a wattage for all your ovens etc and probably a total kw output.

This will be needed initially to help establish what is required.

personally I would always run a dedicated circuit for cooker, especially a range with multiple ovens!

T

TPES

No way a 16a, I have had this discussion with my electrical tutor. Should use a 32a. regardles if the 16a will hold when your cooker is in full use IT AINT THE REGS! what size conductor has this "Sparky" installed? is he simply classing this as a radial circuit using 2.5mm?

As DYCHE4230 says... whats the total KW output? it will say in your cooker manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

randyrat

What max loading is stated in the instructions/installation guide? Do you have an isolating switch, and does it have a plug socket on it?

It sounds to me like your spark (loose term) is fobbing you off.....
randyrat

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Installing a dual fuel range cooker in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom