Discuss MCS Registration Bodies Recommendation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mattajack

We are a long established NICEIC electrical contractor, any one please give their opinion and or experience on the companies offering MCS Registration and Assessment.
There are number we have contacted including NICEIC, NAPIT and Benchmark. Any advice or other providers ?

Thanks in advance.

We are a long established NICEIC electrical contractor, any one please give their opinion and or experience on the companies offering MCS Registration and Assessment.
There are number we have contacted including NICEIC, NAPIT and Benchmark. Any advice or other providers ?

Thanks in advance.

Nic asked me to move to them from Napit I declined as they make up there own rules

NIC claim to be in the game. From an email on Thu last:

Green Deal Certification is now available
Companies can now gain certification to become a Green Deal Installer with NICEIC. As one of the first bodies accredited to provide this service, NICEIC can provide certification for insulation, heating, microgeneration and electrical energy efficiency measures.
Companies looking to take part in the Green Deal as an installer must operate against the standard PAS 2030, which NICEIC will assess against.

Ascertiva Group Ltd trading as NICEIC there you go ...

Napit were really tough 2 years ago, but last year was easy - not sure if we were better or they were desperate for business!

Had my assessment with NAPIT last week. Despite having pretty robust systems, got picked up on a couple of things as I had overlooked update to MCS001 at beginning of year.

They are getting a great deal more rigorous over wind loading and the calculations surrounding this. They were also looking for assurance over not only strength and pull out of brackets but also strength of rails. If you are using anything girly, you will need to be able to justify why. Dead loading is also given greater prominence in solar thermal.

Had an advisory discussion over risk assessments in Health and Safety policy. Mine were felt to be a bit light. I have updated these and altered other procedures to better document what we all ready do, especially in area of DC working.

Overall a very useful assessment by a competent assessor who also installs himself.

We have recently had our annual inspection with NIC and had no problems with the assesor at all. As long as you have your HSQE manual set up to follow Appendix A of MCS 001 you should be fine on the paperwork side of things which is the main part of the assesment.

Napit all day long! I use PaperClip and no problem with assessment and re assessment with NAPIT - I also notify the job automatically with them, something you cant do with the others ... cut in paperwork and time spent!

Thanks in advance.

After reading the posts, which seem pretty even id say, we've decided to go for the NICEIC option withs a QMS from Hollycroft Software. We've also applied for an NICEIC Green Deal Installer Registration for electrical disciplines, which requires a different QMS!!.
We will keep you posted.
Anyone with any Green Deal experience/opinions please pass them on.

Thanks to all for their posts.

Reply to MCS Registration Bodies Recommendation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net