Discuss off peak supplies to flat conversion in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

kevben

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys, first time post but always been interested viewer. Trying to understand how to provide off peak supply to flat conversions without sending a 4 core Submain . got a good understanding (so far - been 20 years since last carried out) that you can wire through a signal wire at origin and use contactor to connect the load . Just need futher clarification of the principles of this method as the benifits our obvious to ourselves and client. Also any experiance of these electric combi boilers ( got good understanding so far - nobody else i know has heard of them). Any feedback would be gratefuully appreciated !

hi mate welcome to the forum!!

the only experience ive had of off peak is storage heating and the odd economy 7 controler for water heating
there is another tarif called option 14 which is only available thru scottish power and it was for old manweb employees only (when it was manweb) but it still exsits altho nobody knows about it and obviously noone advertises it as its cheap as chips

14 hours of off peak a day at a third of the price, and the whole house goes onto off peak. 2 hours in pm 2 - 4 then 7pm - 7am its a belting tariff!!!!

now as far as i know you need an off peak meter which will switch when supply auth send spike down line
this is henry blocked to your off peak board which you can then supply off peak stuff from - storage heaters boiler etc

not much to it, thats it, same but off peak mains board
and supply auth will have to provide a special meter, with 2 readings, off peak and rip off peak
good luck
L

Thanks for response! New to this . I served my time with Manweb and my mum has option 14 .Used to know the lot about normal off peak supplies but not been with manweb/Scottish Power for a good 8 years .I believe there is now a tarriff called option 10 .There is definatley a way to provide off peak to a remote location from original mains position , just looking for clarification and experiance in this field. did you used to work for Manweb?

Reply to off peak supplies to flat conversion in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net