Discuss Opinions required on work quality please. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

IMG_0075.jpgIMG_0078.jpghere some more images of our jobs !

I think as has been suggested the tiles couldn't be removed close to the ridge (or the edge) without disturbing the concrete settings. Oter than that the nibs should be ground off to allow the tile to sit down. it won't go completely flush but certainly better than these. Removing the nibs does not weaken the tile at all, although grinding the actual body of the tile may, especially if it's ground out as much as one of the previous photos to fit conduit through!

I think the tile to the left, directly below the chimney stack, has not been put back properly and the rear lug is resting on the batton, so the back is up, which is pushing the tile in question up?

the ridge looks a bit dodgy to me if i was installing it that close so that i was forcing the ridge tile up i'd of knocked it off and re-cemented it. just moving it a little bit can damage the cement. pros and cons of grinding the tile neater fit, versus weakening the tile. i normally grind within reason. yours don't stick up too much seen worst.. i'd want to know what is happening between the chimney and the top panels. whether the flashing is still strong enough.

I think as has been suggested the tiles couldn't be removed close to the ridge (or the edge) without disturbing the concrete settings. Oter than that the nibs should be ground off to allow the tile to sit down. it won't go completely flush but certainly better than these. Removing the nibs does not weaken the tile at all, although grinding the actual body of the tile may, especially if it's ground out as much as one of the previous photos to fit conduit through!

nothing wrong with that method !! it will be under panels etc so nobody will jump on it !!!

They're sending a team out on wednesday so hopefully it will get done properly this time, the Mrs. will be at home so she can savage them into action (she's scarier than me :grin:).
Thanks for all the input on this.

Well they sent out a different team and have done a much better job this time, still not perfect but the best that can be done with the bracket system, gaps much closer with leading edges filled with sealant to stop the wind getting under, flashing put back down much neater.
Fair play to them, thanks again for all the input.

Reply to Opinions required on work quality please. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net