Discuss Outside mains cabinets / cupboards on houses. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickthespark

Firstly A Very Happy New Year to you all !

So, A friend wants me to change three outside cabinets which hold her mains / metres etc.

I thought they may be of a slot in design but no they are not. So it looks like I have to contact the electricity

Co as its they,re kit fitted into the back of them.

Or will they wanna pull our pants down on an exchange ? Its a new one for me to be honest cus I would just

paint em or tidy em up lol.

Thanks for any help or tips guys, Nick.

I agree, if you're going to do anything then just change the front door. It will be absolute pain in the arse replacing the whole box, and i doubt the DNO will have you on their christmas card list if you enquire about it / attempt it.

Reply to Outside mains cabinets / cupboards on houses. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All Can I say to start with I am not an electrician but used to be a heating engineer (yes I can hear the groans). I have wired the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hopefully someone wiser than me can help explain some odd measurements I’ve taken at my own home. This is a long read, I’ve tried to give as much...
Replies
Views
Long time lurker so this may be my first question. I am a qualified electrical engineer, but in aeronautics not domestic installations, and I may...
Replies
Views
Thanks for adding me to the forum. I have done quite a bit of electrical work around the house adding sockets, and at our current house I put in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock