Discuss Periodic Inspections in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sav

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all enjoying the last Bank Holiday befor the Christmas rush starts !!!

Anyway, just a quick question to clarify if possible.
So, there are 5 flats converted in a big house.
3 phase supply, then into a meter for each flat, then out from each meter into an isolator for each flat (60A), then swa into each flats c/u.

I was always tought that on a periodic, we need to test the isolator and swa to the c/u and record this info on a separate PIR. Then test the c/u and circuits, again on a separate PIR.
Its only, that another guy said its not necessary to test the swa and isolator.
Thanks guys and gals and take care,
Sav

Everything after the meter is part of the installation and should be on the PIR unless it is in the extent and limitations agreed with the client

As Platty1005 says, you test that which has been agreed with the client. When instructed it should have been specified what the extent of the works would be. So if they said 'do a PIR on everything' - there's your answer? If they didn't and the instructions are vague, they should be clarified, else you might do work the customer wont pay for...

you dont need a full PIR for each different flat 1 pir for installation and continuation sheets for each flat , CU sorted as it all comes off the one supply and for the same client

I was always tought that on a periodic, we need to test the isolator and swa to the c/u and record this info on a separate PIR. Then test the c/u and circuits, again on a separate PIR.
Its only, that another guy said its not necessary to test the swa and isolator.
Thanks guys and gals and take care,
Sav

I asked the NIC the same question,, and got no Clear reply,, I come across this setup all the time in flats and care homes, it would be nice for an extra box to be added on the test sheet so we can document the full supply system, but at the moment i add it on an extra sheet..

When I conduct a PIR where the installation has numerous DBs, I fill out the first page for the origin of the installation, and then use a separate sheet for each DB, recording the Zs measured at that DB, rather than the Ze at the origin.
It appears that with the amendment, the schedules have been changed to allow for this.

Reply to Periodic Inspections in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net