• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Pet peeves.......................... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

magnoliafan89

Regular EF Member
What are you're biggest pet peeves?
I only ask as i came across mine yesterday. People who when connecting sockets decide they only need about 2 inches or so of cable in the back....yeh cheers when someone else comes to take it off and has to reconnect with short cables and the terminals are always in different places to the last socket.
Even more annoying is when you find a non continuity and its the kitchen underneath a cabinet with short cables.

I hope people who do that have to poo cacti

Rant over

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
Telling the customer to move the cat litter tray ,when over flowing with S##t in the kitchen or dogs steeling your tools from a open tool box .my list could go on for ever .;)ps no cup tea when i walk in over the front door .and no biscuits .

buzzlightyear

Electrician's Arms
Gone out for the day and dont tell you when they get back and got to make your own tea.
Unable to watch Jeremy kyle in the morning when got another channel on .

littlespark

Electrician's Arms
Being told to help yourself to tea coffee when the customer is out, only to find the cup they laid out for you is dirtier than the floor of the van.
(Always take my own travel cup. It holds 2 servings from the coffee machine in the wholesalers)

Dustydazzler

Regular EF Member
Short cables , messy consumer units , carp diy lights with tiny terminations , chip board floors , slow paying builders ....

buzzlightyear

Electrician's Arms
sending customers remainder letters for non payment , before i send the hulk in

Pete999

Forum Mentor
What are you're biggest pet peeves?
I only ask as i came across mine yesterday. People who when connecting sockets decide they only need about 2 inches or so of cable in the back....yeh cheers when someone else comes to take it off and has to reconnect with short cables and the terminals are always in different places to the last socket.
Even more annoying is when you find a non continuity and its the kitchen underneath a cabinet with short cables.

I hope people who do that have to poo cacti

Rant over
Stuck up customers, who used to think, just because they had white collar jobs, they were better than you, because you got your hands dirty at work.

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
Tradesmen that spend all their time on their smartphone posting sarcastic comments on various forums bitching about their customers thats why the mug they get has had my "golden balls" dipped in to it. ;o))))

buzzlightyear

Electrician's Arms
trades man showing how much monie they have got and the cars they drive or getting .
and the shooting range going to .
get a grip we have all been their and the Fin t shirt.any body want to add to this .;)

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.