Discuss Pet peeves.......................... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That’s because “staff” suggests the workers there are on a contract, are on the books and are employed

Most will be part time, cash in hand invisible workers
colleague,team , crap lines. also, worked on the new police hq in st. asaph. it ain't got a cell block anymore. it has a "custody suite" FFS. as if that's a 5 * hotel for criminals.

People who start the answer to every question with "So..."

I am currently gazing through my "environment awareness panel" (window) at 2 technical engineers removing the cover of a "personnel access chamber" (manhole)

I also hate those plastic packages that tools and suchlike are packed in that you can't open without a tool...usually a tool like the one in the packet...and if you attempt to slice it open neatly with a Stanley knife, well...you know what happens...

I also hate those plastic packages that tools and suchlike are packed in that you can't open without a tool...usually a tool like the one in the packet...and if you attempt to slice it open neatly with a Stanley knife, well...you know what happens...

They are kind of a 'child proof' system. They are checking if you are responsible enough to have the tool.
I find poring petrol over the packaging and setting it alight will remove the packaging quite quickly.....

Titles such as subway workers....sandwich artists

What really bugs me is the cover you get on old consumer units that cover the main terminals or the little plastic pieces that slot into the screw terminals. Anything where you have to have your fingers right next to the incomers whilst fiddling around can never have been considered a good idea

colleague,team , crap lines. also, worked on the new police hq in st. asaph. it ain't got a cell block anymore. it has a "custody suite" FFS. as if that's a 5 * hotel for criminals.
That's just reminded me of some more pc boll***s (excuse the pun) its no longer politically correct to call the police either "policeman or policewoman" you cannot be gender specific anymore o_O, the correct term is "police officer" :rolleyes: what the ***k is the world coming to??

That's just reminded me of some more pc boll***s (excuse the pun) its no longer politically correct to call the police either "policeman or policewoman" you cannot be gender specific anymore o_O, the correct term is "police officer" :rolleyes: what the ***k is the world coming to??
Never had that trouble often enough for it to be a peeve, you have lots of dealings with the police eh?

I'm not a pc expert but of course you can refer to an actual man or woman who is on the police as a police man or police woman.
What you shouldn't do is suggest all police are male or vice versa eg phone up and ask to speak to a police man, as then it makes girls and women feel that police should be male (stereotypes are strong even in kids)

Never had that trouble often enough for it to be a peeve, you have lots of dealings with the police eh?

I'm not a pc expert but of course you can refer to an actual man or woman who is on the police as a police man or police woman.
What you shouldn't do is suggest all police are male or vice versa eg phone up and ask to speak to a police man, as then it makes girls and women feel that police should be male (stereotypes are strong even in kids)
Yes, a firm I work for has had 6 break ins in the past 6 months and since I deal with their security systems (alarms and cctv) I've been involved with the police inspections. I have only quoted what i was told by the leading police investigator, which happened to be a woman. So it came from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Yes, a firm I work for has had 6 break ins in the past 6 months and since I deal with their security systems (alarms and cctv) I've been involved with the police inspections. I have only quoted what i was told by the leading police investigator, which happened to be a woman. So it came from the horse's mouth so to speak.
Sorry i totally missed off a smiley face from that post and also calling a policewoman a horse will get you in trouble:p

Reply to Pet peeves.......................... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net