Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss RCD trips on kitchen ring main when supply is turned on ??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nick182

Hi guys,,,

I was installing a new socket today for a client in her bedroom when halfway through working she asks if she could turn the power on and make an important phone call. So I turn the supply back on after i put everything back in place and then all of a sudden the rcd trips and wont turn on when the power to the kitchen is on..

ive just come back from a long holiday and my brain aint working for the life of me :dizzy2: Can someone refresh my memory as to what may cause this?

thanks...

first, make sure you haven't come off the kitchen circuit and made a mistake. then unplug all appliances. if it still trips, ramp test RCD and IR the kitchen circuit.

mate! u saved my ---! I owe you BIG time! It turned out to be a faulty kettle in the end...

after i read ur post it all came clear..

thanks mate.. ur a legend.

Reply to RCD trips on kitchen ring main when supply is turned on ??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Called out to fault on RCD tripping maybe twice in a month for sometime. Did all the tests & found RCD was faulty, Refitted a new Rcd Type A which...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hello - hope someone can advise please. I have a recently purchased second hand Myford lathe which has a 3-phase inverter (Siemens Micromaster...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Long time member and not a regular user here. I do pop in here when the odd unknown pop's up and unable to locate an electrical dilemma...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Have an issue i'd love some advice on if anyone would be so kind. Will try to be brief. Thank you!! So, have an intermittent RCD trip at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock