Discuss ripping off people from the Islands with postage costs !!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Was recently looking at some of the sponsors sites and was tempted to buy some things!
Then I checked delivery charges and for an item costing £36 they want £22 for delivery!
Why when we have a postal service that will deliver it here for the same price as it would cost to post it to their next door neighbour?
Royal mail have parcel delivery insured and no problem to get things posted to here!
Have some fore sight and see your loosing business not making it but penalising the islanders.

UP THE ISLANDERS.....UP THE ISLANDERS

BHltrmBCAAEl3OP_jpg_large.jpg

thank god you dont live on this island:

The Island Trailer - YouTube

saying that...scarlett johansson is severely ****able isn`t she...

Royal Mail are subsidised by the rest of us... private couriers are not. If a firm has a contract with a private firm it's up to them...

Sorry if it sounds unsympathetic, but surely you realise that you get a good deal in some ways because of where you live, but can't have everything...

DNS1 can you give me some examples of where you think we get good deals because of where we live because i have not found any ? but its home and i would not leave it for the big city and the rat race lol

Surely you can purchase without shipping and organise your own delivery/transportation from your end?

You think you're hard done by, every time I order something on the net I get my pants removed for shipping costs.

DNS1 can you give me some examples of where you think we get good deals because of where we live because i have not found any ? but its home and i would not leave it for the big city and the rat race lol

How much did you pay for your home? Or how much do you pay in rent?

I get a feeling it's not going to be close to the prices in the South of England...

So if you won’t move to somewhere civilised, why are you complaining?

Do you pay extra for your electricity supply despite the problems of providing that supply.

Rent for a council house £85 a week clothing is more expensive and less choice fuel is through the roof but produced on our doorstep ! And we export power from here so why do you think it's a problem to supply that ? We pay more to for Internet connections but can't get high speed we pay the same for mobile phones but can't even get 3G ! But the Royal Mail has had set prices for delivering letters and parcels the length and breadth of the UK since the start so why suddenly do company's suddenly start thinking its suddenly going to cost more to send to the Highlands and Islands ? If we started charging you lot for the water oil and electricity you import from us I am sure you would all have an opinion on that fast enough ! Just like Polltax you all thought it was fine when Scotland got it but you soon stood against it when England got it !

Reply to ripping off people from the Islands with postage costs !!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net