Discuss Solar Business in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Add to these comments the fact that your average "savvy" customer (me being one such..) will certainly not now be considering paying even the stated £6k to £8k for a 3KW system!
Heck, I didn't even pay that for each of the two 4KW systems I had done at the end of Feb!

The fact remains it was two identical 4kw systems fitted before the March deadline, all done and dusted for under £13k.

Less than £6K-£8K each would be less than £12K combined, not £13K, as in £5K something each.
I'm just curious how you managed such a good price (I can't say deal because it's not all about price) before the deadline.

Oh dear! Pardon me for breathing!!
The fact remains it was two identical 4kw systems fitted before the March deadline, all done and dusted for under £13k.

Please enlighten us with the components installed in your system and graphs showing your generation statistics for approximate location.

Size and cost are easy to brag about, but performance and longevity are not.

Those that buy quality solar equipment, will reap the benefits in time over those that go for the cheapest end of the solar market.

What looks good now may not look so good in future.

Dan, Your thoughts are spot on!! but before you reap any proffits you need to invest alot of cash in training,insurance,accreditations,policies for each project, health and safety policies,advertising, MCS acreditation!! There is a long list of criteria you require to do your first project
i spent £5,000 to get sorted before i did my first solar install, also there are cut throat prices out there between installers and its killing the market which isnt sustainable.

Mmm seems like the moral of the tale is buy cheap crap from an installer that doesn't care because the decent installers who bother to research and train their staff and don't cut corners, will bail you out with all sorts of information on here for you to go and bash your inadequate installer over the head with!

Mozzer, were you really surprised that you had that much hassle with your installer if that was all you were paying. As they say pay peanuts - get monkeys!

For now they are performing OK, will it last. Top quality mounting system, top spec cable, top spec connectors, me thinks not, at that price. How much after-care service is built in that price, if something goes wrong. How did they get dno permissions so quick with 4000tls, have they got it? I am just struggling to see how this was all achieved at that price without corners being cut, as I do not think the company would have cut their profit at that point with the market going crazy. But who knows.

Less than £6K-£8K each would be less than £12K combined, not £13K, as in £5K something each.

Correct. Ok, so I was playing devil's advocate slightly by saying it how I said it.. But it was intended to make the point to the OP that pricing has dropped significantly... And it was meant well - simply to demonstrate the fact to the OP that his margins need to be researched carefully.

The fact that I also received two quotes for the same installation in excess of £24k is frankly obscene IMHO. But there we are.. (all like for like equipment I might add - not that the rip-off merchants would necessarily know that I would have a clue..)

Mozzer, were you really surprised that you had that much hassle with your installer if that was all you were paying. As they say pay peanuts - get monkeys!

Totally agree... But, with respect, I ain't no monkey... And if/when given monkeys, I make damn sure I do my best to keep an eye on 'em... £6k or £16k it's all hard earned.. and I can't afford to just p*** it away.

Reply to Solar Business in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net