Discuss (UK) Would it be hard for a sex offender to become an electrician and keep a job? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t matter what country your in, if you look at a 14 year old and think it’s alright you need stringing up if it’s legal or not. Once you hit 18 and can go outdrinking and stuff there’s no excuse really to be preying on girls under 16 at all.
Did you know that you can't go out drinking in the USA until you're 21... and in many countries it's 16.

Doesn’t matter what country your in, if you look at a 14 year old and think it’s alright you need stringing up if it’s legal or not. Once you hit 18 and can go outdrinking and stuff there’s no excuse really to be preying on girls under 16 at all.
I preyed on 14 year girls, when I was 14. Would it be right, had I got put on the the register?

Did you know that the "age of consent" varies from country to country ? Even in Europe, it can be as low as 14. Until a few years ago it was 13 in Spain !
This may be the case but we all follow the law of the land we are in and ours arent so low, also what you have not mentioned here is that even in these countries you will find there are supplementary laws to the age of consent meaning the young teenagers are still protected, basically if you are 18+ you cant be getting intimate with a 13yr old even when it is legal by consent because of the laws are superseded by others that protect the kids. We have similar laws regarding 16yr olds, as a 16yr old is still legally classed as a child then anyone in a position of authority ie 18 or older can be prosecuted. The age of consent is more about teenagers not breaking the law if they are in relationships with others of a similar age in these countries, it still doesn't give any adult a free pass to have a sexual relationship with a young teenager.

Probably because every one of us has at some point punched or seriously considered punching someone.....a crime involving children especially this type of crime is not something most people can relate to and don’t even want to think about...I don’t know the details and I don’t want to....And rightly or wrongly people do not want to be associated with it...on a personal level I wouldn’t employ a drunk driver either

Every single adolescent makes egregious mistakes as the human brain isn't done developing until the late 20s. The difference being some get away with their mistakes, others get caught or the outcome ends up being more noticeable. I had friends who got drunk while on drugs driving around 100MPH on back roads at 12 a.m. just for the fun of it- sometimes even throwing things or hanging out the window. We got away with it as usually parents never found out- except that one kid who ended up causing a fatal wreck...

I think what this boils down to were the OP's actions driven honest mistakes or by a continuing latent desire to take advantage of others.

Don't get me wrong, it is by no means ok to commit evil acts or harm other people children included.

I relieved we have laws protecting young children and teenagers from sexual assault and exploitation.

We've had too many cases of grooming of young girls, like here in Oxford and in Rotherham. We've also had many examples of peoples using social media to do the same.

But I think it still needs some fine tuning. I know of a young man of 24, who started a relationship with a 16 year old girl, which some suggest is illegal.

But that was back then, she's now in her 60's and he in his 70's. Still married, and have Grandchildren. Was what he did wrong, or have society got things wrong?

Big difference between wrong and illegal....who is suggesting that’s it’s illegal mate?....

Big difference between wrong and illegal....who is suggesting that’s it’s illegal mate?....
You should have a read of the posts before mine.

Edit; anyway its immaterial now. As I said before, OP has long given up on our various opinions.

I do genuinely wish the OP all the best. Hope he finds work and moves forward with his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to (UK) Would it be hard for a sex offender to become an electrician and keep a job? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net