Discuss Weeping sockets in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

cbw

-
Reaction score
Now we have all heard of weeping statues/religious relics etc......

This was the house that John Wayne built,

New build (<1yr), builders done a bunk, electrician has gone bust!

1g non switchable, behind built in, infact massively wedged/no more nailsed in fridge freezer with NO spur/accessible isolation!

Checked every other socket/spur in the kitchen, decided it had to be the fridge/freezer, ripped out a large proportion of kitchen to get at the socket!

When the shower upstairs is used water gushes down the oval conduit and litteraly pours out of the socket, thankfully tripping the RCD!.

jpg.gif

Attachments

• !cid_Image0100.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Reply to Weeping sockets in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

S
My question is about regulations for installation of sockets for built in fridges. I believe that the regulation states that the socket should be...
Replies
Views
dan86
D
Hi All Called in to see a friend today and was asked to check out an rcd fault. The house has a 16th edition board with kitchen, downstairs and...
Replies
Views
Mr.Ian
M
G
Hi guys started a thread recently about my house rewire which im starting soon but i still have some issues, as ive said in the past i very...
Replies
Views
Guest112
G
R
Hi All, First just wanted to say I passed my domestic installer a couple of weeks ago, so a big thankyou to al those who gave me advice and helped...
Replies
Views
B
Evening all, I've recently moved into a newly-built house and my integrated fridge/freezer does not have a separate isolation switch. I've...
Replies
Views
WDMDL
W

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock