Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss what is the procedure if i want to do a rewire but cant certify my own work in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wannabesparky

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

:confused: i cant certify work at the moment so if i was to do a rewire say, what is my procedure?
who do i go to?

W

wannabesparky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A Part P Sparky.

ive read or heard it mentioned that i can go to building control or summat and inform them of the work and they come and check it, is this right? if so where is building control and what is the procedure?

ive read or heard it mentioned that i can go to building control or summat and inform them of the work and they come and check it, is this right? if so where is building control and what is the procedure?
You will need to contact the building control dept of the council in the borough in which the property is in. They will want to inspect the work at each stage of construction of the installation right from the start of the project. At the end you will have to test the installation and issue a Electrical Installation Certificate to both the client and the LABC.Of course there will be a LABC charge for all of this. Hope this helps.

old dog

-
Arms
contact labc notify the work you intend to do tell them if you intend to certify they will give you the go ahead you supply cert after completion
they give you compliance cert thats it some labcs may want test

M

Mike P

Surely the whole point of this thread is that wannabysparky cannot certificate!!!
The only other way is check with the council and if they agree have a periodic certificate done on the whole premises afterwards. I am not sure they will be happy with that as design etc come into the equasion.

W

wannabesparky

You will need to contact the building control dept of the council in the borough in which the property is in. They will want to inspect the work at each stage of construction of the installation right from the start of the project. At the end you will have to test the installation and issue a Electrical Installation Certificate to both the client and the LABC.Of course there will be a LABC charge for all of this. Hope this helps.

thank you

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to what is the procedure if i want to do a rewire but cant certify my own work in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom