Discuss 3rd Year apprentice. Am i getting the going rate? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Godderz23

Hey everyone, was just wondering what the going hourly rate is for a 3rd year?

I understand that apprenticeships dont pay all that well until you qualify but im doing alot of things on my own now, am insured on the van and along with our other apprentice (a 2nd year) tend to work just the two of us some days. Can comfortably rewire a standard house and understand the idea's of taking feeds here and there and ways to make our jobs look neat and tidy.

24 years old, get provided transport, hard working, devon.

Any idea's of an appropriate hourly rate?

JIB puts it at around £9 an hour, am paid £6.80 before tax.

Fair?

Thanks, Chris.

No the jib rates are bout 10.50 for a third year site rate. The firms takin the **** out you. Payin u peanuts while u make them money

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with GStueyXR - you could get greedy and demand more, but remember there are probably 20 guys waiting to take your place, maybe even do it for less.

i was payed £7.00 a hour 3rd year and jumped upto £9.50 4th year the company i worked for had about 2000 people on the books and around 200 apprentices this was only 12-14months ago, i went to college with people that are alot more handy than me and got paid not far off half that. IVe never met one or heard of many jib apprentices

novus sparkus has a very good point!

Last edited by a moderator:
My 18 year old son is a 3rd year stage 3 apprentice and gets £10.05 per hour JIB rates.

Well I could link the OP to several post with lads offering to work for free to gain their NVQ and experience.

TBH, and I dont mean to cause offence, but in todays climate, the OP is offensive to so many lads on so many levels.

Well I could link the OP to several post with lads offering to work for free to gain their NVQ and experience.

TBH, and I dont mean to cause offence, but in todays climate, the OP is offensive to so many lads on so many levels.

Couldn't disagree with you more!! I'm a person looking to get my NVQ but i wouldn't want an opportunity at the expense of some poor lad get ripped off. If he's working hard, which sounds like he is, then he should get what he deserves and not just have the lame, defeatest attitude that he should just be grateful to have a job. Unscruplous employers are now preying on this!

Hey everyone, was just wondering what the going hourly rate is for a 3rd year?

I understand that apprenticeships dont pay all that well until you qualify but im doing alot of things on my own now, am insured on the van and along with our other apprentice (a 2nd year) tend to work just the two of us some days. Can comfortably rewire a standard house and understand the idea's of taking feeds here and there and ways to make our jobs look neat and tidy.

24 years old, get provided transport, hard working, devon.

Any idea's of an appropriate hourly rate?

JIB puts it at around £9 an hour, am paid £6.80 before tax.

Fair?

Thanks, Chris.

Whilst you say the JIB rate is £9 an hour is the company you work for a JIB company, if not they don't have to pay you the JIB rate.

Depends on whether the company is JIB affiliated, as said above. In my 3rd year, i was on JIB rates. However I do think the company is paying rather low, but your job is much more important in my view. The industry is slow where i am ( Finished my NVQ + AM2 febuary this year ) I cant find no work whatsoever!

Reply to 3rd Year apprentice. Am i getting the going rate? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net