Discuss Documents that Elecsa want to see ? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

Evening all

I'm just getting together all the things i need to show the Elecsa inspector.

On the Elecsa website they have there Info PDF. This will tell you what documents you will need.
http://www.elecsa.co.uk/downloads/Guide%20to%20part%20p%20aug%202008.pdf

Its says..

i) Documents:
You will need to hold copies of..

1. Current edition of BS7671 (IEE Wiring Regulations)
2. Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at
Work Regulations
3. Approved Document P

4. IEE On-Site Guide
5. 17th Regs Cert
6. Complaints Handling procedure
7. Insurance
8. Risk Assesment
9. Health and safety Policy Statement

Can someone please give me some help on getting the Complaints Handling procedure, Risk Assesment & Health and safety Policy Statement

Is there any templates anywhere, How do i start to write these ?

The "Memorandum of Guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations" is there a new upto date version off this. I've not known of this being asked of before. Do all you registered installers have this ??

Is there anything else any of you can think of he might want to see ?

You need to make sure you have all the proper books ie regs, EAWR, OSG etc.

You should have received a pack from them with loads of info and some copies of the forms you are looking for.

Most of this you can copy from the web - All need only be A4. Complaints procedure = Customers name, date of complaint, nature of complaint (brief), resolution & date. My inspector said that I could even list materials that were faulty. But you dont need loads. Down load risk assessment form & show copy, you may need to complete one to show understanding. H & S should be a statement of responsibilities & procedures (first aid, accident reporting etc). They will go through list first & then check your certs. If you have problems send me your email & I'll send you copies.

I registered with Elecsa 1 month ago.Dont worry the assesor helps you all the way.
They send you all the docs you need including a copy Part P.risk assesment,complaints register and H AND S statement.
I scanned the docs and photoshoped my name and address on the top.
The document they are most interested in is the contract for small works again included in the pack.

Elecsa require every installation to be accompanied by a contract signed by the customer and installer specifying exactly the work carried out.Even if the installation you use is in your own property.
The reason they state is that installers registered with another body have advised clients that their installation is not fully compliant with 17th.
The Elecsa installers state that the client was advised of this but only required certain work.Without a contract Elecsa cant defend the complaint.
They will mark not having a contract as a non compliance/obsevation.They obviously dont fail your assesment on this but isnt better to get it right on the day.
They expect a the next inspection that you are able to produce a contract for every installation including minor works.
Goes without saying if your certs are not in place or you cant explain them you'll fail

Reply to Documents that Elecsa want to see ? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net