Discuss downlighters confusion in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

abs

hi guys
i work in electrical shop and i get a lot of customers come to purchase the down lighters but: when it comes to choose wich ones to takes from the mains or low voltage..they asck for my advice and i dont really know what to say??? is there any diffrentse in quality of lighting or in hazard in getting electricuted or saving energy?? or may be saving money in buying transformers !!or bulbs prices??even my boss could give me a proper answer!!
taa guys naff respect to ur help.
abs.

Extra low voltage is brighter than GU10's

If they stay with GU10 though there is no need to tell building control unless it is the kitchen or bathroom. Also Low energy lamps are now available to fit GU 10 if they are worried about their carbon footprint.

At the end of the day you are only selling them, push what you have enough of in stock and remember.......................Bulls**t baffles brains

hi andy
i knwo in the end of the day is all about reaching your target ..but is good to now as i'm doing the electrician course at the moment and to know the diffrence is result men!! you come across it may be to fit them ..u will know waht to choose!!
thans for your replay ..
taa

id always push the low voltage ones if it was me, some mains downlights dont come with the built in fire guard (b and q) so if you store are selling these and dont sell the fire hat seperatly i would recommend your boss gets rid of them all togeter. sooner or later everything will become low voltage anyways so might as well start now and do your bit for the good old environment

Low voltage = pain in the behind. Transformers are unreliable and usually a pain to get to when trying to replace. Only advantage of l.v. is the whiter light they give.

yeah i agree. 12v downlights have more components which can break down ie transformers! and i think they are a greater fire risk if anything as if they get caught under or in insulation they over heat.

Reply to downlighters confusion in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock