Discuss ECS Lighting Controller in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SPARKYJIM007

Hi,
I've got a problem that somebody will have come up against before.
Office lighting. Circuits approx 15 yr old. Light switch ELV which goes to a controller to switch the lights. Light switch is a rocker type- retractive i think its called. The only marking on the controller is ECS. This is located on a pull out relay. Can anyone tell me what it is, cause i need to replace the faulty unit.

Cheers JIM

As far as I know, the company ECS were bought by Philips, and when I was doing lots of new build testing about 6 years ago I came across many Philips ECS lighting controllers, so maybe they would be the first people to ask?

Lighting Controls

Just do a search for ECS on their site and a few things pop up, so it looks like the correct starting point for you! :)

Thanks very much.

Its been so hard trying to get info on it.
I''ll try Philips.
The building with the system is now starting to get faults' i.e. lights staying on ect.
But because iit all seems interlinked i'm dont want to remove stuff without knowing what its supposed to do first.

Cheers jim

The parts you require are probably absolute but try philips for spares and good luck Normally there is a Bus wire running to each unit which is low voltage as long as this is kept connected to allow for continuity around the remaining controllers you can remove individual switching units and adapt the wiring to suit

Thanks Everyone for the info.
I replaced the retractable switches, but still the lights stayed on. As it was late, i returned the next day and somehow they had switched off. They then continued to work as intended. Strange but fixed. But the info is very usefull for the next time.

Cheers Sparkyjim

Hello, i have just joined the forum and we can support and maintain the ECS lighting control systems, if you have any further questions please ask.

we can also support Dynalite, Leax, Helvar and others.

thanks

Simon

Hi Simon, the company I work for maintain several office blocks which have this ECS unit model 8704.00.

could you shed any light to how it works and how there wired relating to other units. Also can these units be replaced or repaired.

any info would be great,

Craig

Hello, i have just joined the forum and we can support and maintain the ECS lighting control systems, if you have any further questions please ask.

we can also support Dynalite, Leax, Helvar and others.

thanks

Simon
Hi
Big of a long shot are you still commissioning ecs philips systems ?
Kind Regards
Paul

Reply to ECS Lighting Controller in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net