Discuss FIT cut for July 1st in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

whinmoor

-
Arms
Reaction score
From Segen Portal:

Installation figures released by DECC this morning would suggest another 3.5% digression in the FIT on July 1st.

According to the DECC installation figures released this morning the total installations in the Jan - Mar 2015 period for the 0 - 10kW band were 103MWp which should result in another 3.5% digression in the FIT tariff on July 1st.This will be the 3rd 3.5% quarterly reduction in a row and coming at a time of rising prices will start to have an impact on the return on investment for home owners.

If previous trends are repeated then the industry can expect another boom month in June leading up to the cut on the 1st July.
Over 52MWp was installed in the >50kW band so there will also be a 3.5% cut in that tariff rate on July 1st. With only 21MWp installed in the 10kW - 50kW band there will be no change in the FIT for that band.

Please do not get too gloomy about cuts in the 0-10kw band. DECC have virtually accused the industry of not doing enough in terms of installations causing returns to be too high and outside the Control Levy Framework limits. Orderly degression using the existing mechanism designed to control the budget is no bad thing . It reduces the possibility of a significant cut as a result of the FITs review in the autumn.

Yes, we will get another rush, but come on it is only 3.5%. This is not enough to stop PV being a no brainer if you have a suitable roof. I always tell prospects not to be pressured and show the true effect of such a cut - less than four pints of beer a year. Panel prices are still falling, so things should balance out.

I don't see it as a bad thing at all, we 3.5% every quarter isn't a massive problem for the 0-10kWp band.

I have more of an issue with the bigger systems due to the delays in grid connection permission etc.

Reply to FIT cut for July 1st in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net