Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Has anyone got their 7671 in front of them?

For installations on a caravan park, I’d there a reg that there must be a light at the hookup?

This site, every bollard has a light, but I’d say 75% or more are not on.
There is a notice in the shower block saying “some” have been turned off for reasons of light pollution and energy savings.

Don’t recall any reg about lighting up power points.
however it should be risk assessed and mitigated appropriately

Has anyone got their 7671 in front of them?

For installations on a caravan park, I’d there a reg that there must be a light at the hookup?

This site, every bollard has a light, but I’d say 75% or more are not on.
There is a notice in the shower block saying “some” have been turned off for reasons of light pollution and energy savings.

Reg 712.3.2 - all night screwing matches are prohibited in mobile caravans regardless of earthing system.

Might not help in this particular case though.

Fault finding job this morning. Returning customer with an rfc downstairs tripping the mcb (no rcd)
Was at the house a couple years ago fixing the lights which had been ravaged by rodents a while ago and finally gave up.

Only 6 sockets, so whipped the fronts off and did a bit of testing. CU to first socket ok… first to second 0.06Mohm on L to E
2nd to 3rd clear
3rd to 4th also shorting to earth
4th, 5th and 6th ok…. But the cable leaving 6 is clear testing at socket, but short L to E tested at board…

Carpet rolled back in lounge and board up. Found the cables, but they’re run with a load of redundant cables that used to feed the kitchen… (kitchen is now elsewhere, and old kitchen is now bathroom) Cables look ok, no rodent damage here.

Next step is carpet up in hallway… trace from consumer unit to here they pass under the lounge wall…..
I have an uneasy feeling that there’s a radiator on the wall directly below the CU, and there is a possibility that the fixing screw for that has gone through a cable and has only just now broken down.

I’ll keep this job updated, but won’t be going back until after my hols.
Update as promised on this job.

Luckily there is no issue with the radiator. After lifting the hallway floorboards I can see where the cables go up the wall to the side of the rad.

Replaced the cable between 3rd and 4th sockets. Easy enough to tie a new one on and pull through.
Obvious damage on the cable whether it was a nail, or rodent… but it’s eventually broken down with a bit of a bang looking at the cable.

Also replaced the cable between 1st and 2nd. Much shorter length, only about 4m, no obvious damage but there’s a short between live and earth. Testing to neutral core is clear.
I’m going to dissect the cable and find out where the problem is.

Disconnected the return leg entirely which was also showing a dead short, but couldn’t pull the cable out to replace it… made the rfc into a radial and put it into a spare 20A.

Customer keen to upgrade CU to all RCBO, but not until any other faults are discovered, or the house gets a full rewire.

When your 16 your old daughter says “your van is cool” …. Is that a good thing or a bad thing???

IMG_4872.jpeg

Reminiscent of lighting used on the 'Reign in Blood' tour?

@Rockingit might be able to help with that...
Sadly my own teenage slang user isn’t around to embarrassingly confer with but I’m pretty sure that ‘slay’ in this context just means good or well done!!

Interestingly(ish) there’s a whole wave of ‘new’ show design coming through now that basically robs from every cliche of 80’s rock band - I’ve just spent the last week in the company of a fully ‘flying’ 40’ bat with moving lights as eyes (the act actually rode it) - couldn’t help but feel it was a very poor relation to Eddie or Floyd’s pigs - and that was nearly 40 years ago!!

Interestingly(ish) there’s a whole wave of ‘new’ show design coming through now that basically robs from every cliche of 80’s rock band - I’ve just spent the last week in the company of a fully ‘flying’ 40’ bat with moving lights as eyes (the act actually rode it) - couldn’t help but feel it was a very poor relation to Eddie or Floyd’s pigs - and that was nearly 40 years ago!!

First thought is Avenged Sevenfold, but I can't see them riding about on a bat. That and the fact they aren't touring at the moment.

If it ain't stonehenge, it's not worth bothering.

First thought is Avenged Sevenfold, but I can't see them riding about on a bat. That and the fact they aren't touring at the moment.

If it ain't stonehenge, it's not worth bothering.

Woke up through the night to the wind…. What a night!
Most of my decos are ok… except the one, long string that runs along the bottom gutter, up the drainpipe to the top gutter, up and over the high gable above our en-suite and along to the end of the house.
The bit above the en-suite is shredded. It’s now hanging, and banging against the wall.

IMG_4994.jpeg

Hanging by a thread.

It might be repairable…. Or shortened… but for now, my gutters are dark.

Donations welcome to the Littlehouse Xmas deco fund.

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net