Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Annual isn't too bad. Usually around 25k. Most of the time I drive to a hotel Sunday/Monday and then it's just short trips hotel to site and back then Friday drive home. Full EV would be no good. I would spend too much time charging. Plus, not sure if there is a full EV Transit Custom

Maybe get one of those 60 mile range Transporters and you could write a book about motorway services.

Indeed, it's surprisingly addictive! Also, Flight Focus 365 on You Tube...can't believe how much time I waste watching planes taking off or landing at Heathrow...I've imposed a 1 week ban on it!

Well, I finished my today job at around 10:30. Takes about 1 1/2 hours to get to the next Premier Inn so I've been killing time wandering around Meadowhall(?) shopping centre and wondering why people enjoy going to those places.

Currently sifting through CV's for an oppo to take around Europe with me for a month. Double challenge of trying to find someone not only capable but also sociable/personal enough to pretty much live in each others pockets out on the road (and with others, too, there'll be 12-16 people as a touring party). Also trying to find someone younger who could do with the opportunity maybe more than others - a bit PC, I know, Another colleague on the project and I are both agreed that we'd rather give the role to a deserving younger female (if one is of equal merit, naturally...) than some cliched mid 20's middle class white kid who'll do alright on his own anyway. Father of a daughter, etc. It an earnest minefield!

I use FlightRadar24 You can track flights all over the world. There's currently a 42 year old Piper PA-38-112 flying overhead at 1,500ft and descending.

Well, I finished my today job at around 10:30. Takes about 1 1/2 hours to get to the next Premier Inn so I've been killing time wandering around Meadowhall(?) shopping centre and wondering why people enjoy going to those places.

You should have called at the pub on Sheffield train station. A really good selection of ales there and the original old tiles etc from when it was a ticket office.

I didn't go in to Sheffield plus I don't drink alcohol :oops: I did stop off at the Woodhead tunnels on the A628(?). Took some pictures and went for a nice walk. My dog would have loved it. I would love to get into those tunnels. Walking old rail tunnels is a bit of a (sad) hobby of mine. The two old tunnels are sealed and the new tunnel has NG 400kV cables going through it.

I didn't go in to Sheffield plus I don't drink alcohol :oops: I did stop off at the Woodhead tunnels on the A628(?). Took some pictures and went for a nice walk. My dog would have loved it. I would love to get into those tunnels. Walking old rail tunnels is a bit of a (sad) hobby of mine. The two old tunnels are sealed and the new tunnel has NG 400kV cables going through it.

Did you see the Dunford Bridge end where the 3 tunnel portals are? They've just buried the big grid cables underground and got rid of the pylons.

I took an old mate of mines 1.3 old kia for MOT and it wouldn't start and the drivers door latch broke so I had to drive it (only a mile or so) using washing line holding the door handle to the head rest.

I think it'll need more than a MOT.
It also didn't start, first time ever that it's not started.

Think I'm jinxed today I might go back bed.

Did you see the Dunford Bridge end where the 3 tunnel portals are? They've just buried the big grid cables underground and got rid of the pylons.
Is that the Tintwhistle (I love the name of that place) or the Sheffield side? There's 3 portals at the end I was but I assume theres 3 the other end too.
20240312_134131.jpg

About half 7 last night, the lights flickered, and we were delved into darkness.
Not just us, the neighbours, the streetlights, half our village and several nearby.

We had to…. God forbid…. Talk to each other!

“What about the freezer?”

“It’ll be fine with the door shut”

“Can I use the toilet?”

“Of course, but there’s no light”

“Can we watch Celebrity Big Brother?”

“No…. Even if the power comes back on… No!”

SPN got us back on by half 9… so nothing desperate… but it did make me think…
so handy we have a phone almost glued to our hands…. Got a torch on it. Although not one of us had over 30% battery

About half 7 last night, the lights flickered, and we were delved into darkness.
Not just us, the neighbours, the streetlights, half our village and several nearby.

“Can I use the toilet?”

so handy we have a phone almost glued to our hands…. Got a torch on it. Although not one of us had over 30% battery
We had a power outage about a year or so back that lasted three days. We were OK ish as we’ve got a gravity fed oil Rayburn in the kitchen and a log burner so heat/hot water and cooking we had, and candles by night, charged up mobiles etc in vehicles. But I promised myself I’d buy a generator for home which I’ve still not done - a small 40KVA and I could have happily powered us and all our neighbours.

I’m actually doing some minor house bashing today - dropping a fused spur onto a half landing for a stair lift at my mums place. Have to laugh, though, as I know the inner walls are all hollow block so will be treading lightly in chopping in - doubt very much that the guy from the stairlift company who did their survey knew to allow for that - really don’t think they’ll have a happy time with their fixings!!

OOh I used to love meadowhall - that was a treat going there when I was growing up. I used to like the little fake cobbled street part near to the food court :)

Yesterday I went to give blood and today I am catching up on emails, PMs and stuff like that.

“Can I use the toilet?”

Luckily because I have bad night vision we have a few torches dotted about the house.

Have to say though, Celebrity BB Is quite entertaining this year. And Thursdays it is the apprentice (Dare I ask if anyone watches that?)

The only thing entertaining about big brother is louis walsh slagging off all his ex-clients.... its as if he doesn't realise there's cameras and mics there at all.

I here Jedward are not at all pleased.

I was supposed to be at blood doners a few days ago.... but didn't get the reminder in time and was busy with another appointment.... Namely taking number 2 daughter to her driving theory test.... Which i'm pleased to say she passed.

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net