Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
When you say family, do you mean they're a family? Or it is your family camp site like?
The camp site was owned by my father in law, started by his dad in 1963.
My wife, her sister, their dad and me all worked there until 2017 until he sold it, for health reasons, to a larger mob…. They turned a quiet, owners only site into an overpriced rent-a-skip place.

OMG I'm still thinking about these!!! Can't find a similar one in the shop so it looks like i'll be getting some dough this weekend.
It’s really not hard to make at all -
500g / 1lb bread or pizza flour, sachet of easy bake yeast, tablespoon of sugar, tea spoon of salt. Don’t put the salt directly onto yeast else you’ll kill it, but mix that dry lot all together, add a couple of decent glugs of olive oil, then slowly bring it all together adding warm (not hot) water a bit at a time until you’ve got a play-doh consistency (a food mixer with a dough hook makes this a doddle). Put in a large bowl somewhere warm covered with cling film and forget about it until it’s at least doubled in size (takes about 2 beers, I find…) Cut into two, bash stretch and roll out with your hands on a floury surface until it’s a big/thin as you want. That’s it. About an hour and probably 50p’s worth of dry ingredients (dough, obvs). We’ll each eat about half of one of those and then the rest becomes lunchables through the week.

Currently sifting through CV's for an oppo to take around Europe with me for a month. Double challenge of trying to find someone not only capable but also sociable/personal enough to pretty much live in each others pockets out on the road (and with others, too, there'll be 12-16 people as a touring party). Also trying to find someone younger who could do with the opportunity maybe more than others - a bit PC, I know, Another colleague on the project and I are both agreed that we'd rather give the role to a deserving younger female (if one is of equal merit, naturally...) than some cliched mid 20's middle class white kid who'll do alright on his own anyway. Father of a daughter, etc. It an earnest minefield!
The unlucky winner is a just starting out young Danish women (U.K. based). She’ll get the dubious benefits of my near undivided attention, 24/7, for six weeks and twelve countries. I’ll be encouraging her to ask any question, teach and mentor to the best of my questionable abilities and go the extra mile. I’m hoping for good things.

Morning (just about) people! Hope all is well. You know its Friday, right? Woop woop!

Who's working and who's off tomorrow?

It’s really not hard to make at all -
500g / 1lb bread or pizza flour, sachet of easy bake yeast, tablespoon of sugar, tea spoon of salt. Don’t put the salt directly onto yeast else you’ll kill it, but mix that dry lot all together, add a couple of decent glugs of olive oil, then slowly bring it all together adding warm (not hot) water a bit at a time until you’ve got a play-doh consistency (a food mixer with a dough hook makes this a doddle). Put in a large bowl somewhere warm covered with cling film and forget about it until it’s at least doubled in size (takes about 2 beers, I find…) Cut into two, bash stretch and roll out with your hands on a floury surface until it’s a big/thin as you want. That’s it. About an hour and probably 50p’s worth of dry ingredients (dough, obvs). We’ll each eat about half of one of those and then the rest becomes lunchables through the week.
I'm going to print this off and give it a go with my daughter this weekend! (Lous just said she will help lol 😆)

Do you think it's worth the extra effort over getting that ready made dough stuff?

yeh.... I was in the office, and we got a phone call up from one of the owners saying they couldn't get their husband to wake up... he'd collapsed in the bedroom....
Static caravans are not known for ample space, and the poor guy had fallen between the bed and the far wall.
I went down, collected our groundsman for assistance, as the receptionist phoned the local doctor. No way to revive, No way to extricate him without destroying the bed.
Doctor arrived, ambulance.... but was declared dead by the doc..... Seemingly died before he fell.... not when he landed.

The 10 years i was there, was at least 3 deaths on site.... but that was the only one i witnessed.

Most recent was one of the regulars... always in the bar...life of the party type guy... Died while walking home to his caravan.

Police erected a fence shield around the body, as it was unexpected death. Not what you want to see on a holiday park on a busy bank holiday weekend.

aw how sad. Still at least if you go when you're on holiday you're hopefully happy and contented.

What a shame...

Had many a happy holiday in a caravan some of them these days are like mini mansions, so posh!!

@Dan and @Rockingit have been having visions of this pizza all week! Does it work with 00 flour?

Morning (just about) people! Hope all is well. You know its Friday, right? Woop woop!

Who's working and who's off tomorrow?
I'm working Sat & Sun at Pembroke power station. Been here since Monday, will be going home next Thursday then back again the following Tuesday ☹

I'm going to print this off and give it a go with my daughter this weekend! (Lous just said she will help lol 😆)

Do you think it's worth the extra effort over getting that ready made dough stuff?
Always. 1) kids love cooking and this if fun because you can actually watch the dough rise and 2) it’s healthier as there’s no preservative additives. Mine is now 13 and too cool to talk to Dad but wind back the clock and she absolutely loved getting covered in flour!

aw how sad. Still at least if you go when you're on holiday you're hopefully happy and contented.

What a shame...

Had many a happy holiday in a caravan some of them these days are like mini mansions, so posh!!

@Dan and @Rockingit have been having visions of this pizza all week! Does it work with 00 flour?
It does! ‘00’ is basically the fineness of how much the flour gets ground - it’s a staple of anything Italian. I use it for making pasta rather than dough as the difference is minimal (and ‘00’ tends to be more expensive in the U.K.) but the gluten content is about the same.

Always. 1) kids love cooking and this if fun because you can actually watch the dough rise and 2) it’s healthier as there’s no preservative additives. Mine is now 13 and too cool to talk to Dad but wind back the clock and she absolutely loved getting covered in flour!

My other half like this sort of stuff.

Luckily for her I like eating 😄

I’m working today at the funeral place. Just got to get it done before things start warming up in the fridge.

Didn’t help that CEF gave me the wrong size of RCBO. Had to go back yesterday to swap one over. Glad I noticed, as I wouldn’t like to have left the big lights on a 32A when they’re currently 10.

(I wouldn’t have done that… I would have doubled up another 10 with little on it until I changed it)

Dropping off Number 2 on the way, for her first stint of overtime at ger new job. She’s enjoying it. Seems to be a good bunch of people.

I’m going to stop calling my daughters numbers 1,2 and 3…..

What about The Old One, The Middle One And the Little One?

Use their initials? J, R and H?

🤷‍♂️
My brother and I are known as No.1 and No.2 by our dad. We’re convinced he’s brain trained himself that way so as to not have to feel bad when in later-later life if he can’t remember

Well today, as long as the scaffolding is finished, we'll be disconnecting the LV side of the generator transformer. When I say LV it's not actual LV as it's 21kV but as the other side is 400kV it's refered to as the LV. Weather isn't the best so I doubt if we'll get any cherry picker work done afterwards. Shame 😄

Morning folks. Living the dream as usual 😂. Geneva last week (expensive place), London this week and home for a week next week.How are you all?

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net