Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
Wow that's failed badly!
Guy at the tyre place found a screw….. round headed, so it’s not one of mine!

Could have been there for days…. Eventually it’s let enough air out to deform the tyre at speed, and POP!

Another pic:

IMG_5268.jpeg

Guy at the tyre place found a screw….. round headed, so it’s not one of mine!

Could have been there for days…. Eventually it’s let enough air out to deform the tyre at speed, and POP!

Another pic:

View attachment 115028
Good grief that looks terrifying! How fast were you going?? Glad you are ok!!

@DPG thanks for the tip, I'll have to add it onto my list of stuff to visit! I remember we went to a hall in Herefordshire where we were camping a few years ago now and there was a chilli festival on - it was so random but a great day! Went into the hall to look around and was a piano with a sign on saying no touching (obviously! it was super old!) but dan played a key the rebel.

Good grief that looks terrifying! How fast were you going?? Glad you are ok!!

@DPG thanks for the tip, I'll have to add it onto my list of stuff to visit! I remember we went to a hall in Herefordshire where we were camping a few years ago now and there was a chilli festival on - it was so random but a great day! Went into the hall to look around and was a piano with a sign on saying no touching (obviously! it was super old!) but dan played a key the rebel.
Was accelerating out of a village on a straight, so maybe up to 50??
Felt the thud, then a rumble and instantly pulled into the side. At least there was a nice flat parking area and not stuck in the middle of the road.

80 quid for a new tyre isn’t too bad. The wheel rim seems to still be good. Something to be said for steel rims vs alloys I guess.

A lot of stately homes around me. Paxton House, Mellerstain House - the one I’ve got access all area keys for…. Floors Castle to name a few.

Was accelerating out of a village on a straight, so maybe up to 50??
Felt the thud, then a rumble and instantly pulled into the side. At least there was a nice flat parking area and not stuck in the middle of the road.

80 quid for a new tyre isn’t too bad. The wheel rim seems to still be good. Something to be said for steel rims vs alloys I guess.

A lot of stately homes around me. Paxton House, Mellerstain House - the one I’ve got access all area keys for…. Floors Castle to name a few.
Oooh All access areas?? Does that mean you can put someone in a dungeon?!

I am glad it wasn't one of those smart motorways - they are horrendous if you get stuck on them.

Friday Again!!! I can't believe how fast these weeks are going!

I mimic dan, just had mine, with brown sauce and black pepper :tonguewink:

Oooo never tried black pepper I bet that makes the brown sauce a bit stronger! Will have to try that next time! I also rock brown not red on my sausage sarnies. Do have red every now and again and always regret it.

Waiting on hold to HMRC VAT helpline.... 27mins so far........

Just bought a car for my daughters to replace the pile of junk we’ve been using up to now.

19 plate Kia picanto in white….. they can clean it!

Need to sort the tax and insurance before picking it up next week….. and a spare wheel. There’s a space for one, and after my van having a proper blow out last week, I want a spare rather than a stupid aerosol tin of foam. Best be prepared.

Just bought a car for my daughters to replace the pile of junk we’ve been using up to now.

Need to sort the tax and insurance before picking it up next week….. and a spare wheel. There’s a space for one, and after my van having a proper blow out last week, I want a spare rather than a stupid aerosol tin of foam. Best be prepared.

White is much easier than black to keep clean. Black is the worst colour to keep looking good.

Waiting on hold to HMRC VAT helpline.... 27mins so far........
Rather you than me mate. So they've kept the line for VAT just not tax?! Mad country we live in.

Had a couple of kia sedonas over the years. They're fast if you remap them. Buuut the sliding electric door did used to scare the dogs and daughter to death when it opened on roundabouts. Never found the dodgy wiring to fix it. Would even do it when locked.

Thankfully always used dog seat belts as we knew it did it. Daughter wouldn't get in the back after the first couple of times.

Even that had a spare wheel though! I think under the car at the back if I remember. Needed turn a bolt inside the car to lower it. Right pain. Thankfully never needed it on a motorway.

White is much easier than black to keep clean. Black is the worst colour to keep looking good.
Got a new black astra that even gets dirty in the street after I've cleaned it. Got a black mini that stays clean for weeks with some good ceramic coating I put on it. Havent got round to doing the astra yet because of my lung situation but will sort it out this summer.

True….. but with a black car, you can put red flashing lights on the front and pretend you’re knight rider….
I'm into F1 so made my mini into a mini pace car, orange lights in fogs and an orange light that stays steady on the roof. Wife couldn't stop laughing at me so I don't put the roof light on the roof much anymore lol doesn't half confuse people at night. Some pull over, some burn off thinking you're after them. Stoke for you lol

I'm into F1 so made my mini into a mini pace car, orange lights in fogs and an orange light that stays steady on the roof. Wife couldn't stop laughing at me so I don't put the roof light on the roof much anymore lol doesn't half confuse people at night. Some pull over, some burn off thinking you're after them. Stoke for you lol
I was at LeMans a few years back and accepted a bet - thankfully with no time limit! I reckon it's possible to fit an American muscle car V10 into a classic Cooper. Involves removing bulkheads and ending up sitting where the back seat would be, stripping every possible ancillary service off the block and relocating elsewhere, but I reckon with careful thought it can be done.

I was at LeMans a few years back and accepted a bet - thankfully with no time limit! I reckon it's possible to fit an American muscle car V10 into a classic Cooper. Involves removing bulkheads and ending up sitting where the back seat would be, stripping every possible ancillary service off the block and relocating elsewhere, but I reckon with careful thought it can be done.

Might have been better accepting that bet if it had involved 8 or 12 cylinders. Chrysler V10 won't be easy to find and definitely won't be cheap!

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net