Discuss Has the 'Respected Member' tag had its day? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That makes more sense. Maybe the title is a little misleading. At the end of the day this is an electrical forum and to most I am sure they would assume a Respected Member knew what they were talking about more than a non Respected Member.

Just read this back and does not read as it is meant. What I mean is if staff are chosen based on electrical advice but then staff don’t give any advice then by your own criteria staff should he replaced.

The staff role isn't just to provide advice. Most of the staff on here have been here years. We wouldn't move them on. It takes ages then for new staff to get hang of the role and how we work.

It's handy to have them come from the forum as a whole, because then they know when wrong advice is being given.

But we all have a work / life balance to play around with.

If anything at all was being left for ages staff-wise, we'd get more (not replace any). But all staff jobs are being done same day every day.

From an advice point of view, newer members coming on board are the ones we need to spot. Get them in the arms. Get them used to the forum (and it's be nice rule). And get them providing advice.

It isn't a role the staff have kinda thing. It's just perhaps what helped them get there.

Staff are there mainly to make the forum run efficiently, not necessarily to give electrical advice. Obviously it is good to have one or two staff who are electrically competent so that they can assess any anomalies in what members are posting, but their main task is not specifically electrical. As with the members as a whole, it's good to have a diverse skill set amongst the staff.

Love the boats! Looks like a river crossing?

That was the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Pageant on the Thames in 2012. Fun day but very wet. I was at the helm basically non-stop from 10am to 9pm with Ian (behind me in the pic) as reserve. It was quite a project, with days of rehearsals, timing runs, formation and dispersal trials etc., before the parade itself. Worth the effort.

Seem's my absence has been noted.

For anyone that was concerned about my well being, I'm good, thank you for your concern. Just very busy with the business and some out of hours hobby projects I've been meaning to get around to for a long time.

Just because I've not been posting, doesn't mean I've not been on-line... I have, just not as frequently for a while.

Liking the new blue Mentor tag, even if it has broken the colour co-ordination with the boat. 3 stripes of primary colours also a strong connection for me, so it's spot on.

As mentioned above, the Mentor tag is back.
I see that the 'DIY' tag has gone. I'm presuming that this is just not being shown and the people who had access to the DIY section still do?
If this is true then can the same be done for the 'Electrician's Arms' and 'Trainee Access' tags? Do they need to be shown?

I lost all mine, not sure why all of them disappeared an not just the respected member one but Hey ho.

Most prob just forgot to display it.
I can't see them taking the 'Respected' tag from you. Especially without telling you.

You should still be able to access DIY forum. Members get added to a group that doesn't give them the DIY badge. Only DIY have that.

I'm still not fully happy with the full setup some nit picking needs be done but I'm sorting some other stuff out first.

Reply to Has the 'Respected Member' tag had its day? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net