Discuss How do I find people suitable to become Systems Designers? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Crossover

Hi All,

Last year, the company I work for took on someone who had City and Guilds 2330 Level 2 and level 3 technical certificates in Electrotechnical technology as a Trainee Audiovisual (AV) Systems Designer and he is perfect for the job. In the space of a year he's worked incredibly hard to understand all things about the audio and audiovisual systems we design, supply and install and has learnt to use AutoCAD and some other software programmes we use to design these systems and is now designing all sorts of systems, from £10,000 to £200,000 + systems which we're installing in places like The Shard, and TripAdvisor offices, Ferrari showrooms etc.

Has anyone got any ideas how we'd reach more people like him who we could interview interview? He also did an audio engineering diploma at Alchemea before that so that sort of thing would be good too - i.e. good understanding of audio systems....gain structure/signal flow/acoustics etc. but not essential.

If anyone's got any good ideas I'd be really appreciative, and also if anyone's interested themselves, the job description's on Gumtree if you search for Audio Visual Assistant / Trainee Systems Designer. The position is based in Central London.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Approach local colleges/universities that feature courses that would be relevant to the person you are looking for. They might be able to put you in touch with candidates that have just finished courses and are looking for trainee positions.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. I have already done that, it's an ongoing process, quite a few don't prove very keen to help and also a lot of them are now on academic holidays etc.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. I have already done that, it's an ongoing process, quite a few don't prove very keen to help and also a lot of them are now on academic holidays etc.

And when they all start back, it will take until Christmas to get back into the swing...then the Christmas holidays will begin. Maybe next February you might get some joy ;)

pop a post on here in the "job" section of the forum. you will need 5 posts to be able to reply to private messages after you post it though. pop the post on and ask them to contact you directly with the cv`s etc. if you need any help pm me

I think you were 1st time lucky to get him, I have had a hard time finding decent people,

it sounds like a really good vacancy though, if I was younger it would of been something I would of loved to get involved in

Good luck

Reply to How do I find people suitable to become Systems Designers? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net