Discuss I have to write a method statement for my bay in the day exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

Below is a picture of the bay in a day exam I was supposed to take before the lockdown.

I've got a method statement to write on my bay in a day exam, the only problem is that due to lockdown I've been out of college for so long I can't remember the dimensions of the materials I need. I think it will be the same across colleges so if anyone could answer the following it would be much appreciated

1)length of the swa, 2.5mm 3 core?
2)length and size of the cable tray, where along the tray to make the cuts?
3)length of PVC conduits, size, and how far along to make the bend in the one that is bent?
4)dimensions of the steel trunking?
5)length of the two stretches of steel conduit?

Thanks in advance

TL;DR
Below is a picture of the bay in a day exam I was supposed to take before the lockdown.
I've got a method statement to write on my bay in a day exam, the only problem is that due to lockdown I've been out of college for so long I can't remember the dimensions of the materials I need.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200608_134740.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 37
I may be misunderstanding this, the drawing is not to scale and I doubt dimensions would figure in a method statement. Presumably you are asked to do a RAMS???? Or is Method statement something different now?

1591649612113.png

Here's an exceprt from the accompanying book for your course (you'll know the one if you have it). Should give a starting point as to what, and not to include.

I may be misunderstanding this, the drawing is not to scale and I doubt dimensions would figure in a method statement. Presumably you are asked to do a RAMS???? Or is Method statement something different now?
So no it is a method statement but as we didn't do the proper preparation before the lockdown, we didn't get to discuss the method statement. so as I would be making markings and cuts on materials throughout the exam it I didn't know if it would be important to include the details I.e. Dimensions and measurements

So no it is a method statement but as we didn't do the proper preparation before the lockdown, we didn't get to discuss the method statement. so as I would be making markings and cuts on materials throughout the exam it I didn't know if it would be important to include the details I.e. Dimensions and measurements
If you haven't got them then you can't include them bit you can still state how you're going to do it, with what equipment and what follows on from it.

Well a Method Statement is the method of working in relation to the risk assessment you have made regarding the job in hand. So for the above you would assess the risks in putting such a rig up and commissioning it. Including risks with tools and persons on site etc. etc. The Method statement will show how you obviate those risks by working in a way that is safe. So your Method Statement will show how you are working and planning to keep persons and property safe bottom line.
Also as you have had weeks off, I would have thought you might have attacked this all much earlier. You could look at the HSE web site and look at these terms for clues as to what to do?

Reply to I have to write a method statement for my bay in the day exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net