Discuss Is this a decent price for a kitchen rewire? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

The ceiling is all open and an extension is being built and in total, the kitchen is going to be about 16m². Fuse board is nearby and the following is to be first and second fixed:

1x new cooker circuit - £80
2x heat/smoke- £140
8x sockets- £320
8x downlights- £400
3x switches- £120
1x spur- £40

Total= £1100.00

everything is supplied and fitted

Property is based in London with free parking and 5 mile drive from home. How would you price it as I am new to pricing so it may be too much or too less.

I would have thought in London that your prices would be double that.
Up North I charge £70 per socket,£70 per spur and cooker £120,smoke £100 and heat £120 and downlights are £40 each.These prices for everything supplied and fitted by myself.

I would have thought in London that your prices would be double that.
Up North I charge £70 per socket,£70 per spur and cooker £120,smoke £100 and heat £120 and downlights are £40 each.These prices for everything supplied and fitted by myself.

I've never done a job where I priced it, I can say it's the first time and I just need to know how you guys price it and how much you would've done it for. Thanks for the info!

Does that include notifying local authorities for all new circuits?

Hi all,

The ceiling is all open and an extension is being built and in total, the kitchen is going to be about 16m². Fuse board is nearby and the following is to be first and second fixed:

2x heat/smoke- £140
8x sockets- £320
8x downlights- £400
3x switches- £120
1x spur- £40

Total= £1100.00

Property is based in London with free parking and 5 mile drive from home. How would you price it as I am new to pricing so it may be too much or too less.
In Londinium, I would double that

It looks good,1st fix in a day,ditto 2nd fix,1/2 day to test & certifiy,
Allow 3 days say £600,+ materials.

1100 is very much on the low side

i would say most companies in the London Area would be double that and some

2000 would be a very fair price

Hi all,

2x heat/smoke- £140
8x sockets- £320
8x downlights- £400
3x switches- £120
1x spur- £40

Total= £1100.00

Submit the price that you have worked out, if you win the job then keep a good account of the job so that you can see exactly how much profit you made,and see where/how you need to adjust your pricing strategy.

i would not submit that price without further thought, considering the replies so far, OP is too cheap. he shoud submit £2000 estimate and maybe negotiate down to around £1700.

i would not submit that price without further thought, considering the replies so far, OP is too cheap. he shoud submit £2000 estimate and maybe negotiate down to around £1700.

As I said, I've never priced a job before or even knew about prices as I work for a small company as an apprentice. These figures have exceeded my expectations by far.

Thanks for the info!

As I said, I've never priced a job before or even knew about prices as I work for a small company as an apprentice. These figures have exceeded my expectations by far.

Thanks for the info!

Has the company you work for asked you to price this as a learning exercise for your apprenticeship?

You need to remember to include overheads in your price, things like public liability insurance, scheme registration for part P, cost of dealing with any callbacks under warranty etc etc.

Has the company you work for asked you to price this as a learning exercise for your apprenticeship?

You need to remember to include overheads in your price, things like public liability insurance, scheme registration for part P, cost of dealing with any callbacks under warranty etc etc.

No it was purely out of curiosity, I've always wanted to know how qualified electricians price their jobs and for how much they do certain things for. I've got a lot to learn by the looks of it. This is a small job of a friends dad that has asked me to do it for him.

I thought it's a good idea to start learning from now to have a guideline setup for myself in the coming years.

While everyone is here, what are the main types of customers I should expect to come across too?

Reply to Is this a decent price for a kitchen rewire? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock