Discuss Job Ad in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

trev

An ad in the good old Jobcentre today-
Vacancy due to start 20/2/12. Applicant must be able to work as part of a team and have the ability to rewire a domestic property in one day, first and second fix and testing. Must hold CSCS card and asbestos awareness.
All this for £11.50 ph

So no mention of ECS, Quals or experience/references

The entire world is going to hell in a handcart. The worst thing is, given the date they'll have someone in place by now. I shudder to think about the quality of the work(tin hat on)

Per hour mate, I know it's not too far from the JIB rate but it seems like a great deal is expected for not a great deal of money

An ad in the good old Jobcentre today-
Vacancy due to start 20/2/12. Applicant must be able to work as part of a team and have the ability to rewire a domestic property in one day, first and second fix and testing. Must hold CSCS card and asbestos awareness.
All this for £11.50 ph

So no mention of ECS, Quals or experience/references

The entire world is going to hell in a handcart. The worst thing is, given the date they'll have someone in place by now. I shudder to think about the quality of the work(tin hat on)

Thats a doddle, i can teach someone how to pass the 2391 in 2 hours, see my post in the Electricians Arms:lol:

Yeah I saw that Howard. You're a hell of a lecturer obviously, it took Mike Ennis a few weeks to get me through mine:)

currently we're re-wiring occupied council houses. It's taking 2 of us between 4-5 days, sometimes a little longer depending. I can ASSURE you, that no matter how many electricians you pile in these sort of houses, it would never be done in one day to a standard where I would sleep at night!

I've been on the decent homes malarkey and we were allowed 2.5 days for a 3 bedder. 2 mates 2 sparks. 2 days for first and second fix +half a day for tests and mains change over. Even then sometimes it was tight to do it to a standard that I'd be prepared to accept in our house.
Mears wanted it done in a day so I refused that job

I watched 200+ Jehovah Witnesses build an assembly hall in 24 hours and after that I would never say you couldn't rewire a house in a day. I doubt the guys doing the council houses have the same kind of motivation though especially on 11.50 per hour.

Now i am far from proud of this but i used to work for a outfit on council refurbs( a decade or so ago ) , all be it they were voids and we had a independent company to do the testing but the fastest we ever rewired a 3 bed bungalow with 3 of us on job and knock on a Saturday morning , rip out and replace with sa2 mini trunking was three an three quarter hours !
It was literally just lick and stick then caulk it up !!!!
The firms motto was " f""kem they should be pleased to have a council house ! "
Not my proudest of times !:icon9:

I watched 200+ Jehovah Witnesses build an assembly hall in 24 hours and after that I would never say you couldn't rewire a house in a day. I doubt the guys doing the council houses have the same kind of motivation though especially on 11.50 per hour.
We watched something similar but it was the Amish doing it. Thing is though all the timbers were pre measured and pre cutand drilled so it was just an assembly job

I for one, would love to see a house that these sort of companys are bashing out!! One day is madness!!

dad..where's me certs...
:drunk:

105810_M.jpg

Reply to Job Ad in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net