Discuss MGS Electrical training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Ranger

Good afternoon all I would like to take the time to warn you of these clowns!

Just over a week ago I start to look at doing my 17th upgrade full well knowing that if I don't get it done i'll have to do a full 3 day course on the green book. so I search in Google "17th update kent" and up pops this MGS company so I look at their site an see a course available of the 9th of december. so a days passes it gets to the 8th I think I best book that so I go onto the site and book the course. at this point up pop some joining instructions now I look and I didn't meet 3 of the dates for my original certificates but knowing that I started my apprenticeship in 1999 and finished in 2003 I must have met the last which was "C&G2381 post 2001" which to be an apprentice at that period I must have held it. when I booked the course I was at work so phoned MGS and told them of my concerns about not holding the other 3 but defiantly should have the 2381 they was all nice about it and asked was there no way of checking so I did what I thought best and phoned the JIB and the C&G both confirmed I held that qualification (as it was on my previous JIB card I'd expected no different. so that night I got a bag ready with note pads, regs in etc and also the file with all my certificates in. the morning comes I travel down to their so called trainng school that turns out to be a room rented out at a golf course! waits around for the lecturer to turn up who arrives 45mins late! We go into the rented room sorry I mean class room he checks my certificates and tells me I don't have a certificate that covers me to do the course puzzled by this point I say there must be! to be fair to him nope it wasn't in there I don't know why but to be honest it's been near on 10 years since I put them all in there. So I say to him I can prove that I'm entitled to sit the course so I phone both the JIB and C&G again and yep both confirm my entitlement. so you'd think thats that nope still not allowed to sit it so at this point I'm thinking **** it whats the point he says i can stay for the lecture but not the exam whats the point! so I say thanks but no thanks and leave. This monday I ring up the MGS main office and explain the situation to be created by a rude obnoxious man basically telling me ******* to **** off and that I'm not getting any money back and that i was just trying it on! so thats that I'm seriously considering a small claims court to recover costs bar the C&G registration fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, get that, was, in my naive and increasingly childlike view of the industry, hoping that the governing body might be interested in jokers masquerading under their banner.

It would be laughable if it wasnt so tragic.

Heres wishing you justice and patience.

And i'd have to pay something like £50 for the privilege!

Yeah, get that, was, in my naive and increasingly childlike view of the industry, hoping that the governing body might be interested in jokers masquerading under their banner.

It would be laughable if it wasnt so tragic.

Heres wishing you justice and patience.

Staggering.

Maybe take solace from Platos Republic, where he argues that the just man is continually persecuted.

Trading standards...?

Reply to MGS Electrical training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net