Discuss PVC vs Galvanised Conduit: Current Capacity Enclosed In a Thermally Insulating Wall? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Is there any advantage from the perspective of current ratings/de-ratings of using galvanised round conduit over same size PVC conduit? With both to be chased/buried in brick wall and plastered over?

If so, where is this specified?

Cheers

brick and plaster is not thrmally insulated. cables in conduit are ref. B for single insulated, but there's no table for T/E in conduit, so it's an educated guess

Reply to PVC vs Galvanised Conduit: Current Capacity Enclosed In a Thermally Insulating Wall? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, looking for some clarification on MCB and cable sizes I need to run for a new kitchen. Cables will run through a combination of...
Replies
Views
Just first fixed a house where I was initially told that the external walls were going to be battened then boarded, I used metal capping over the...
Replies
Views
Has anyone fitted a Class 2 exterior wall lantern recently that was good and not too expensive? Struggling to find any "drop" type in white. The...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a new AEG induction hob rated at 7.4kw max using power sharing but AEG do not specify a cable size or mcb rating nor will they...
Replies
Views
P
Hi guys :) I would just like to seek some clarification on running multiple circuits in conduit. This is for a domestic installation, installing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock