Discuss RFC Cable Size Question! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aye, fair do's Paul...but I'm not drinking that ^^ **ss, even if your paying :toilet:.

I had the misfortune once whilst driving some mates on a darts night. If someone had told me it was sugared turnip juice rinsed through a sodastream I would have not been surprised.

Becks blue is the only one I have found that actually tastes of beer.

My only concern would be the 4mm stranded and the 2.5mm solid at the first socket, double the 2.5 over.

Yes, totally agree. What I will do is wrap the 2.5 around the 4mm for a good continuous connection. I'll post up a pic when it is done.

Are you planning on wiring this as a lollipop circuit.? Whats the install method of the 4mm.?

The 4mm is from the CU and only feeding one socket (I've got rid of all the DIY spurs). It is clipped direct and soon to be in 2x2 galv trunking on a 30A mcb.

Lollipop circuit is not my style and with 3 other electricians tonight in the pub shooting some pool, 2 out of 3 said just do a lollipop! One of them was Glennsparks, told him and the other mate to FRO and this should be a RFC whilst possible at the install stage. (Glenn is not happy with my reply and I wont hear nothing but conflicting opinions until the Queen dies and Charles is on the thrown lol....... worth it just to wind him up :wink: )

Yes, totally agree. What I will do is wrap the 2.5 around the 4mm for a good continuous connection. I'll post up a pic when it is done.

The 4mm is from the CU and only feeding one socket (I've got rid of all the DIY spurs). It is clipped direct and soon to be in 2x2 galv trunking on a 30A mcb.

Lollipop circuit is not my style and with 3 other electricians tonight in the pub shooting some pool, 2 out of 3 said just do a lollipop! One of them was Glennsparks, told him and the other mate to FRO and this should be a RFC whilst possible at the install stage. (Glenn is not happy with my reply and I wont hear nothing but conflicting opinions until the Queen dies and Charles is on the thrown lol....... worth it just to wind him up :wink: )

No i agree lollipop is only really used when cu access in unavaible or requires damage to furbished household to get back to cu, if your are running back to cu anyway with new ring cooker lights ect why are you planning on keeping this 4mm and not run 2new 2.5 legs to cu,? Or have i missed the point here

Reply to RFC Cable Size Question! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net