Discuss Rotating machinery. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
An appliance is to be tested, happens to be a 3 line but the question could equally apply to single phase. The appliance is essentially a rotating machine driving a gearbox. Looking at 552.1.3 it is clear a device to prevent auto starting in the event of power interruption should be fitted. If no such device is fitted how would this be interpreted in the context of in-service testing,a failure or pass and note not to current standard.

do not affix PAT sticker. do not pass GO. do not collect £200.

OP quote " an appliance is to be tested"

Reply to Rotating machinery. in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views
Kewtech are at the later stages of designing the new MFT, like all the others will be made by Kyoritsu. The new one will be largely based on this...
Replies
Views
Hi I don’t know how resolve this so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. I have no electrical knowledge. I will try to be as clear...
Replies
Views
Is there a room in professional PAT testing for a business model other than 'per unit'? I ask because I've been giving this some thought. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi I am a sparks from the 15th Ed, did 16, 17 and last year 18th. I am out of practice though as have been office based for 12+ years in a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock