Discuss Single Plug Socket replaced - PROBLEM!! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have to agree Ian
When people ask such basic questions why do certain people reply as the question is so basic the person asking the question is gonna get a belt of they seem out of there depth don't answer them .also if the father in law is an electrical engineer either ssh him or let him do the electrical work

Good, well thankyou very much for all your help :)
No problem but in future please get your father in law to do stuff like this as he'll know exactly what the crack is

I have to agree Ian
When people ask such basic questions why do certain people reply as the question is so basic the person asking the question is gonna get a belt of they seem out of there depth don't answer them .also if the father in law is an electrical engineer either ssh him or let him do the electrical work
Had Nick come on asking how to do this I'd have told him pretty much what Ian did however, the job was already done so I was putting his mind at rest over a question arising from it. You'll see if you read the posts that I've told him that circuits should be tested and why

But he won't test anything .you retell them what to do they do it;it works " I am great "so they think
If I was around someone's house yes I would tell them if I was working with t h a plumber I would tell him bt on here no !

And why do you ask the plumber or carpet fitter or whoever a question when your working with one ? To save money they ask you stupid (not always ) questions to save money no thought of safety in it cos if you can't wire a ceiling pendant or put a plug on your not gonna test anything although I believe some one bought a light up screwdriver / tester ,now him I'd let work on 3 phase
But let's have a bit of sense cos when he gets a belt falls of a ladder and can't work he will say to lawyers for you " the electrician told me to do it "

Rant over ,well for now ; I'll start again in the morning just like my wonderful wife

Reply to Single Plug Socket replaced - PROBLEM!! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net