• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Spot light install above a pot belly stove in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any one installed spots lights above a pot belly stove ,my fear is the heat will affect the led spots and even to a certain degree the cables may get affected above the ceiling Im installing a small mf ceiling to allow for spots I have attached a pic of setup minus mf celing which I will install a lowing 85mm void for spot .Any help appreciated guys

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
no picture.

Richard Burns

Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
DIY
Depending on the distance from the stove, over 1m should be OK unless very enclosed.
The cables should be selected for a higher ambient temperature and rated accordingly, but otherwise should be unaffected (unless the ceiling burns!)
LED lights may well not like the higher temperature and have a reduced life, in this case I might recommend halogen spots as they will be OK.

Andy78

Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
If there is room, I would move the spot away from the direct heat source and use a gimbal fitting to illuminate the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.