Discuss Systems Installed..... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Berneray

Saturday night....9.20pm and what am I doing....sitting looking at DECC spreadsheets for installations..

But its interesting all the same....

Number of Installs Up to 4KWP

Week ending July 18th 2010 578
Week ending July 18th 2011 2575
Week ending July 17th 2012 3051

Week on week there were 9634 installations in four weeks June/July 2011.....and 13414 in the same four week period in 2012

Most installations in a week 29837 week ending 11th December 2012....boy those were the days....

I know there are statistics and statistics and 75% are made up (including that one)...but its interesting reading none the less...

Installations registered week ending 1 April 2012 8906
Installations registered week ending 8 April 2012 903

But after that there was a slow and steady increase over the next fourteen weeks to a high of 3051.

Here's betting the same pattern emerges over the next three months......As long as there is still a public interest in pv we will still have a business....

I think that on a P.R. basis more should be made from the installations over the past 12 months......I know from re-visiting our installs every single one is delighted. But importantly not only with the FIT....but also they just love making their own electricity....And no pun intended...but is seems to give them a real buzz..

I think the message to get out there is People who have Installed Solar.....LOVE Solar... and without hesitation would do it again......

seems a steady increase year on year as you said there is hope yet. If we survived the drop from 43 to 21p we will survive the 16p for 20 year drop and prices will come down slightly so onward and upward.

I don't think the 5 year drop to 20 years will play a significant part. The most common reply I got when telling folks was "I'll no be around in 25 years son"

These are the figures I commented on a week or so ago in the Sun Lounge - OK the NUMBERS look reasonable, however I think that you'll find where the work is has chnaged dramatically.

This time last year theres was very little social housing or new build work, - this year is completely different, tose markets have specific drivers to force them to do this kind of work.

If social housing and new build is your market place (fixed price / install, effectively labour only subby) then fine, if your market is individual householders, the picture is completely different.

I strongly suspect that private domestic installs are significantly lower than last summer, and certainly will be for the summer as a whole once August is factored in.

These are the figures I commented on a week or so ago in the Sun Lounge - OK the NUMBERS look reasonable, however I think that you'll find where the work is has chnaged dramatically.

This time last year theres was very little social housing or new build work, - this year is completely different, tose markets have specific drivers to force them to do this kind of work.

If social housing and new build is your market place (fixed price / install, effectively labour only subby) then fine, if your market is individual householders, the picture is completely different.

And the demand on new builds is a joke. There should be a sliding scale based on number of bedrooms, 3 bedrooms, 2.6kW, 4 Bedrooms, 3.2kWp more than 4 bedrooms, 4kWP.

As it is the requirement is nothing more than a token geasture, but it gets the number of installations up then hey, that suites the Government!!

Reply to Systems Installed..... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock